National Law University, Delhi is a law university in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
About the moot
The Centre for Transnational Commercial Law at The National Law University, Delhi, supported by the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) and the UNCITRAL RCAP, in collaboration with INSOL India and Society of Insolvency Practitioners of India (SIPI) have initiated a moot competition on insolvency and bankruptcy. The inaugural edition of the competition was held during 11th-12th November 2017 at the National Law University, Delhi, India.
The theme of the 2019 edition is ‘Corporate Insolvency Resolution’ including issues on cross-border insolvency. Teams will be shortlisted based upon the quality of the submission. Shortlisted teams will participate in the oral rounds. In the oral rounds, teams will make the arguments on its merits to industry experts acting as judges.
Eligibility, Team size and other information
The competition is conducted in the English language. It is open to teams from professionally accredited law schools/colleges and management schools/colleges. Each eligible college may register only one team in the Competition. The closing date for registration is 31st August 2019.
A team can consist of no less than two and no more than four students, who shall be enrolled as full-time or part-time students of any degree in law or business, in the college/university they represent at the time of the Competition. However, no team member may have already been admitted or licensed to practice Law/CA/CS/CMA in any jurisdiction at the time of oral pleadings.
Teams shall not alter composition or members after submission of the list of team members at the time of registration, except upon written permission of CTCL based on a showing of extraordinary circumstances. In the Oral Rounds, no substitution will be permitted after the commencement of the first argument unless the number of team members drops below two.
Pocket 1, Sector 14 Dwarka, Dwarka, New Delhi, Delhi 110078
Registration Procedure and Fee Details
- Each Team must register for the Moot by completing the Registration Form on or before 31st August 2019.
- The registration fee for the Moot is INR 3000 per team for national teams. The registration fees for international teams is US$ 100.
- Registration may be done by sending an email along with the Registration form to insolvency[at]nludelhi.ac.in and copy to contact[at]insolindia.com with the subject “Registration for Insolvency and Bankruptcy Moot 2019”. Any registration received after 31.08.2019 will not be considered.
- The registration fees for the Moot is to be paid through an Online Payment Portal which shall be specified to the teams in due course, once the shortlisted teams have been notified on 15th October 2019. Such notified teams are required to email a screenshot of the online payment confirmation to insolvency[at]nludelhi.ac.in latest by 30th October 2019.
- Commencement of Registration: 20.07.2019
- Release of Moot Problem & Rules: 25.07.2019
- Last date of seeking Clarifications on Moot problem: 10.08.2019
- Release of Clarifications: 20.08.2019
- Last date for Registration: 31.08.2019
- Submission of Memorandum: 20.09.2019
- Announcement of shortlisted teams: 15.10.2019
- Orientation and Team Registration at NLUD 10.11.2019
- Oral Rounds: 11.11.2019- 12.11.2019
- Finals and awards: 12.11.2019
For further information regarding the competition contact Dr. Risham Garg (faculty coordinator) at insolvency[at]nludelhi.ac.in.
Dr. Risham Garg, Associate Professor of Law & Director, Centre for Transnational Commercial Law (CTCL), National Law University, Delhi, Sector 14 Dwarka, New Delhi- 110078. INDIA.