This 2-day, 4-hour online workshop on ‘Basics of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law’ will teach you the basics and important concepts of the IBC Law in addition to recent developments.
Sub-Topics for the Workshop
Session 1: Nov 27, Saturday, 4 PM to 6 PM
- Historical development of IBC Law
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code, 2016
- Constitutionality of IBC Law
- Different classes of Creditors and their CIRP (Corporate Insolvency Resolution Process)
- Applicability of limitations and Non Obstante clause application
Session 2: Nov 28, Sunday, 4 PM to 6 PM
- CIRP related issues such as Moratorium
- Responsibility of Insolvency Resolution Professional
- Role of National Company Law Tribunal
- Recent developments
About the Instructor
Alok Verma is working as an Assistant Professor of Law at NALSAR. He has completed his B.A, LL.B from Lucknow University and LL.M from NALSAR University of Law. He is also an associate member of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India (ICSI). He is pursuing PhD from the Buchmann Faculty of Law, Tel Aviv University.
His research interest is around changing the paradigm of taxation, insolvency & bankruptcy Laws and the economic history of colonial India.
Currently, he teaches Income Tax Laws, International Taxation, Merger & Amalgamation, and Insolvency Laws at NALSAR University of Law.
Practical Skills that Attendees can Gain
- Understanding of key concepts in IBC Law
- A walk-through of an actual Insolvency process
- Learn about the laws and regulatory bodies involved
- Know about key terms in Insolvency process
- Get an overall idea of the role of lawyers in the process
- Ace your next job or internship
Who Should do this Workshop?
- Law students
- Young lawyers and Law Professionals
- Students of commerce
- Business professionals
- Anyone wishing to learn about Insolvency law and process
INR 900 (inclusive of GST)
The fee is inclusive of all 2 sessions and the certificate.
Access to the content of the workshop (recordings, presentations, quizzes) will be for 3 months.
The Certificate will be issued to all the participants who attend all the sessions and score more than 50% in the MCQ-based quiz (10 questions) conducted on each day of the workshop.
The questions will be based on the topics covered during the workshop.