About the organisation
Innovpath is the vision of Mr. Ashok Ram Kumar Founder- Sr. IPR Attorney WORDICT-IP to bring awareness among people regarding Intellectual Property Rights. It aims to do so by training, mentoring and conducting conferences.
WORDICT-IP is the oldest and premier Law Firm from Hyderabad. A boutique IP Firm established in 1992 has the experience of more than 25 years in handling issues exclusively in Intellectual Property – Registration, Enforcement and Valuation.
WORDICT-IP’s first initiative to encourage law students to understand and appreciate Intellectual Property law they are organising an online essay competition. The firm is of the belief that through this competition participants will get an opportunity to improve their knowledge and enhance their writing skills.
This contest is open to all students undergraduate and postgraduate from a legal background. Scholars, academicians and professionals are also invited to participate in the competition.
- How does Social Media affect Intellectual Property Rights?
- Will Blockchain enhance Intellectual Property Rights?
- Should there be a change in the role and functioning of Copyright Societies?
- Whether there exists a necessity to patent software for short term?
- Is it time for India to adopt a traditional knowledge law?
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st place – Rs. 10,000 (Ten Thousand Rupees)
- 2nd place – Rs. 7,500 (Seven Thousand five hundred Rupees)
- 3rd place – Rs 5,000 (Five Thousand Rupees)
Merit certificate will be posted for the best 10 authors and others shall receive a participation certificate through email.
The winning author(s) will also be offered an internship opportunity with WordictIP.
Results will be announced on 30th September 2019.
All interested participants must register by 20th August 2019, confirming their participation in the competition.
- Registration fee is Rs. 500/- for a single author.
- Registration fee is Rs. 800/- for co-authorship.
To register, click here.
Mail the receipt of the transaction to essaycompetition[at]wordictip.com with your name and institution. Registration is complete upon successful payment of registration fee.
Google pay/PayTM number: 8897997063 (Srujan Muriki)
Beneficiary Name: Muriki Srujan
Account Number: 25680100005631
IFSC Code: BARB0ADAHYD (5th letter ‘ZERO’)
Bank & Branch: Bank of Baroda, Chikadpally.
Once payment is done and we acknowledge the receipt of payment then you will be a part of the competition.
- Every essay must have a title and an abstract.
- The deadline for submission is 5th September 2019 at 11:59 P.M. IST.
- The suggested word limit is 2500 to 3000 words, exclusive of citations.
- Co-authorship is permitted for a maximum of two authors.
- Participants should submit the softcopy of the essays to submissions[at]wordictip.com.
For any queries, clarifications or requests email to info[at]wordictip.com
Contact number: +918897997063 or +919441038462
The website link is here.
The brochure is here.