Indian Journal of Legal Research & Advancements [IJLRA] is a peer-reviewed open-access academic law journal, published quarterly by the students of law colleges across the country. Our goal is to encourage research and academic writing by providing a platform for legal discourse.
The journal allows entries pertaining to legal work or purely social analysis of a subject matter relevant in the field of law. However, posts that establish an inter-discipline between law and other areas of law are preferred. The entries must showcase the original work of the author that adds to the present literature on the subject matter.
All the authors are requested to send only original content. Additionally, all submissions must contain some novel analysis comprised of the author(s)’ views and which adds to the existing literature on the subject but must not be a simple descriptive/informative piece, or a compilation of content from different sources. The submissions which are approved in a review shall go through the necessary process of Plagiarism Check.
How to Submit?
All the submissions must be sent to info.ijlra[at]gmail.com. All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the name of the author/s, institutional affiliation, title and category of the submission, and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address and the phone number. Submissions should be sent as MS Word (.doc format) attachments with the title of the article as the file name.
Details of the Author
The Journal follows a double-blinded peer-reviewed system, and thus, the submission shall not contain any information related to the author such as Name, Institutional Affiliation, Contact.
IJLRA acknowledges and accepts all the materials that are original work of the author(s) and deals with any area of law. It does not restrict submissions to a particular field of law.
- Short Articles: 2000 to 4000 words
- Articles: 4000 to 8000 words
- Essays: up to 5000 words
- Case Comments & Book Reviews: 1500 to 3000 words
The references shall be footnoted, hyperlinks, and endnotes are not accepted. The word limit may be relaxed in exceptional cases.
Form of Submission
Submissions must be in electronic form:
- All submissions must be word-processed, 1.5 line spacing in Garamond, font size 12, and justified.
- Title: 14, Bold, All Caps
- Sub-Headings: 13, Bold, Capitalize each word format, Italicized
- Abstract: 12, Italicized
- Body: 12, Garamond, Spacing 1.5
Footnotes need to be done in any uniform method of citation and must be single-spaced in Garamond, font size 10, and justified.
- Last date of submission: 10th June 2021
- Date of Issue completion: 21st June 2021
Publication & Review Policy
Indian Journal of Legal Research & Advancements is published quarterly i.e. issued four times in a year. A call for paper is issued in the interest of authors to inform about the same.
Once a submission is selected for publication, the Author (s) is/are required to pay the fee for publication, and copyright of the article shall be transferred to IJLRA. No separate form is to be signed, whereas authors hold the moral right to the article and have to adhere to the common creative license stated under the open access policy. The intellectual rights of the article reside with the Author.
Withdrawal of Submission
To withdraw a submitted manuscript, Author (s) is/are required to inform the editorial board via mail. The Journal has no objection to such requests. However, the charges paid will not be refunded because we give ample time to the Author (s) to decide whether they want to publish their research with us and to make the requisite payment. Once a manuscript has been published, It cannot be removed or withdrawn. It is requested that the authors convey their request well in advance.
- The team of the Journal promptly acknowledges the receipt of submissions, and a decision on the manuscript takes around 14 to 21 days.
- All submissions made to the Journal are sent for a double-blinded peer review.
- The authors can request an expedited review of the submissions, but the editorial team shall decide to reward such a request. The editorial team shall take a minimum of 3 days for communicating its decision on manuscript submissions asking for expedited reviews.
- An intimation of the Acceptance or rejection shall be followed with feedback and critical comment regarding the manuscript. An acceptance with modification shall allow the Author to carry out the necessary changes and re-submit the article.
- Submissions may be accepted/rejected based solely on the discretion of the Editorial Board. Relaxation of any rules regarding submissions is subject to the discretion of the Board of Editors.
There will not be any fee charged for the publication of the paper in Issue 3.
Please send your queries or requests for clarifications to info.ijlra[at]gmail.com.
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.