About Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP)
The Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy (IJLPP) is a student reviewed bi-annual, student-edited, peer-reviewed, open-access law journal focussing upon the interdisciplinary study of law and public policy.
The journal is a solemn effort to promote erudite discernment and academic scholarship in the domain of law and public policy. The emphasis is on addressing the lacunae in the existing laws and proposing policy alternatives through a comparative approach or different perspectives that would assist the lawmakers, academicians and public policy organisations to make better laws.
The IJLPP is widely read and is available internationally on databases such as HeinOnline, SCC Online and Manupatra.
Number of Positions
2 Senior Editors, 1 Senior Associate Editors and 7 Associate Editors
Why should you Apply?
Our board of editors have had distinguished editors like Saarthak Jain (Finalist, 2018 Philip C. Jessup International Rounds), Adyasha Samal (Fellow, Spicy IP), Rajkanwar Singh (Associate, AZB & Partners) and Prathiksha C. Ullal (Law Clerk, Office of the Advocate General for Karnataka). Board membership provides an opportunity to discuss issues of importance in education, develop collaborative relationships with scholars and colleagues, and gain editorial skills and scholarly publishing experience.
The current board consists of practicing lawyers of the Supreme Court of India and students from Jindal Global Law School (JGLS), Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), National Law University Jodhpur (NLUJ), Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) and School of Law, CHRIST (Deemed to be University). These positions offer an opportunity to engage with a range of writing and research on law, policy, and social sciences.
- The applicant should be pursuing education in law at the graduation level or the master’s level and should possess some amount of experience in the interdisciplinary study of law and public policy either through internships, prior experience in legal research, etc.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- The applicant must possess a strong command of the English language.
- The applicant must have at least one publication in a peer-reviewed journal or at least two paper presentations at national conferences.
- An awareness of current affairs and contemporary debates in law will be valuable.
- Familiarity with web applications and publications would be welcome.
- Preference will be given to candidates having prior editorial experience or research experience. However, the same is not a prerequisite to apply.
- Kindly specifically mention any special qualifications held in respect to any of the above-mentioned requirements.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
How to Apply?
Interested students may submit their updated CV along with a statement of purpose to journaloflawandpublicpolicy[at]gmail.com (Kindly cc the same at chief[at]ijlpp.com) with the subject ‘Application for Student Editor’ by 15th October 2021.
For any other query contact us at info[at]ijlpp.com
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.