The Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs Blog aims to promote academic discussion and research analysis on the subject of international law and its related subjects.
We invite high quality legal critical analysis of the contemporary developments in international law and its related subjects including but not limited to public international law, international human rights law, international humanitarian law, international refugee law, international criminal law, international trade law, international environmental law, international arbitration law and more.
IJLIA offers an egalitarian space for legal academic discussion. We welcome submissions from students, research scholars, academicians, professionals and lawyers.
Themes of the Blog
The following list is not exhaustive and the author can write on any sub-theme which comes within the ambit of international law.
The general theme for the blog is:
- Public International Law
- Private International Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Refugee Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Trade Law
- International Maritime Law
- We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis on contemporary issues of international law and international affairs.
- Submissions can be in the form of articles, opinions, case comments and short notes on the aforementioned topics.
- Authors should use endnotes and not footnotes. Submission must include hyperlinks for the relevant references and sources of the information quoted in the submission. All the cases, articles referred, international treaties, judgments and other legal sources must be mentioned. Any submission with footnotes and will not be accepted.
- Submissions should be the original work of the contributor.
- The content should be between 700 – 1500 words (excluding endnotes). Authors are advised to keep their articles concise and precise to enhance the effectiveness of their posts.
- Submissions longer than 1500 words will not be considered for publication.
- All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
- All endnotes should be in Garamond 10, single-spaced.
- Margins: Left 1.5 inch, Right 1 inch, Top 1 Inch and Bottom 1 inch.
- The relevant sources should be ideally mentioned in the texts. Endnotes should be avoided and must only be used where necessary.
- Wherever case law, statutory materials or other resources are being referred to, appropriate links must be provided to those in the endnotes or the text itself.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and e-mail for future reference. [Participants are requested to not put their name anywhere in the main manuscript]
- All entries should be submitted in .doc or .docx format.
- The manuscripts must be e-mailed to [email protected]
- The subject should be titled “Submission for IJLIA Blog”.
Queries may be directed to [email protected] with the subject titled as ‘Query’ in the e-mail.
For more information, you can access our website here.