About the journal
The Indian Journal of Arbitration Law (IJAL) is the flagship biannual journal of the Centre for Advanced Research and Training in Arbitration Law, published under the aegis of National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur.
The inaugural edition of IJAL was launched in September and it would appear bi-annually, providing timely insights useful to the international arbitration community.
The online edition is available here.
Month of publication
IJAL is published in the months of January and July each year.
Each issue contains:
- Articles, which analyse topics of permanent interest from major national jurisdictions as well as contemporary international issues,
- Notes, which cover topical recent developments and on-going debates in the field and
- Book reviews.
IJAL is also indexed on popular legal databases such as HeinOnline, Kluwer Arbitration and Westlaw.
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Institutional Arbitration
- Multilateral Arbitration Conventions
- Inter-State Disputes subject to Arbitration
- Investor-State Dispute Settlement Mechanism
- Investment Treaty Arbitration
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration
- Convention on the Settlement of Investment Disputes between States and Nationals of Other States
- UNCITRAL Model Law on International Commercial Arbitration
IJAL is calling for its upcoming issue, Issue 2 of Volume 8, which is to be published in January 2020. The deadline for submission of manuscripts for the forthcoming issue is September 30, 2019.
However, IJAL accepts manuscripts year-round and any manuscript submitted after the aforesaid deadline will be considered for publication in the next issue i.e. Issue 1 of Volume 9.
Manuscripts may be submitted via email to the Executive Editor at editor.cartal[at]gmail.com or editors[at]ijal.in.
For guidelines click here.
For the website link, click here.