Indian Journal of Law and International Affairs is now accepting submissions for Volume 3, Issue 1 which is to be published in December 2018. The journal is a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, bi-annual international journal seeking to publish the original research article, academic or empirical report, review of the books and other forms of scholarly writing, which are specifically dealt in the field of international law.
The journal is one the few academic journals exclusively reserved to the wide arenas of International Law and affairs in India. The purpose of the journal is an endeavor to create a culture of promoting scholarly works and practical jurisprudence to address the contemporary issues of international law.
The Journal lauds the support of an Advisory Board that includes policy analysts, senior bureaucrats, distinguished academicians from Yale Law School, Harvard Law School, London School of Economics and Political Science, MGIMO, Sciences Po and also former Secretary General of International Court of Arbitration.
The Indian Journal of Law & International Affairs aims to publish innovative and original papers that make significant contribution to the wide spectrum of international law and also other related disciplines.
The IJLIA welcomes participation of professors, experts, lawyers, research scholars and students. We require original, previously unpublished and work that is not under consideration for publication elsewhere. The content is to be sent to [email protected] latest by 31st October 2018.
- Articles (5000-10000 words, inclusive of footnotes). The papers in this category must comprehensively and critically analyze the theme that the author seeks to contribute. They may be either doctrinal or theoretical (or both) specifically dealing with contemporary and academic issues in international law and related disciplines.
- Essays: (3000-5000, inclusive of footnotes) – The paper should be concisely in terms of scope and conceptualization of the theme intended to highlight by the author. The essay seeks to solve existing paradigms and contemporary issues in international law and related disciplines.
- Case Comment (1000-3000, inclusive of footnotes)– The paper related to the case comments should comprehensively deal with the study of contemporary or landmark judicial pronouncement by International Court of Justice, International Criminal Law, Regional Human Rights Court, International Tribunal for Law of Sea etc.
- Book Review: (1500-3000, inclusive of footnotes)– A critical review may be undertaken in relation to the book published in the field of international law and related disciplines.
Guidelines for Submission
- The theme of the submission should be within the ambit of International Law and discipline subjects
- The research article should be unpublished, original and should not be under consideration anywhere
- Submission should be made in electronic form to editorialboard.[email protected] under the subject heading “IJLIA Vol.3 Issue 1” submission ‘Paper Title’: <submission category>
- All the submission must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx) with the Times New Roman Font (Main text: size 12 and 1.5 spaced, footnotes: size 10 and single spaced).
- Page borders should not be used.
- An abstract of not more than 300 words should be accompanied in the paper.
- Co-authorship (upto 3 authors) is permitted.
- All the manuscripts must be accompanied by cover letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/organization, the title of the manuscript and contact information(email id & phone number)
- No personal information or references, including name(s) of the author(s), institution/organization and contact information be mentioned in the text of the manuscript and file name.
- All the manuscript must be in compliance with the Harvard blue book citation (20th Edition) of footnotes. The non-compliance to the citation of footnotes shall be subjected to rejection.
- Every submission of the manuscript shall be acknowledged within 48 hours and subject to preliminary review process by peer review group.
- In case of acceptance or rejection, the authors of submitted manuscripts shall be informed about the decision of peer-review of the manuscript not later than 30th November, 2018.
- In case the submission is accepted, the editorial board shall inform the author of reviewers’ comment and authors shall be afforded reasonable time to submit the revised draft keeping in mind the reviewer’s comment.
The general theme of IJLIA is International Law and International Relations.
The upcoming issue of the journal is based on the following sub-themes:
- Public International Law
- Private International Law
- International Human Rights Law
- International Humanitarian Law
- International Refugee Law
- International Criminal Law
- International Trade Law
- International Maritime Law
However, this list is not exhaustive and authors are free to choose a different sub-theme but on condition that such sub-theme must come within the ambit of International Law and Affairs. Any submission which does not subscribe to the general theme of the journal shall be immediately rejected.
Queries may be directed to [email protected] with ‘Query’ in the subject line of the email.