By Tanuj Kalia
India Today has released a great work of fiction. It’s called India Today’s Law College Rankings 2016.
Here’s what India Today has got right: NLSIU Bangalore as rank 1.
Here’s what India Today has got wrong: Nearly everything else.
NUJS Kolkata, NLIU Bhopal and NLU Jodhpur do not find a mention in the top 20 law schools of India. They’ve been included in the ’emerging colleges’ list in India Today’s annual tamasha.
Here’s the verdict: Coin tosses will give you a closer picture of law school rankings in India than India Today’s rankings.
However, here’s one way you can use the rankings: If you find a place in any of the 20 colleges mentioned, it means you are going to a decent college.
Do not waste USD 1 on this issue of India Today! Below are the 2016 rankings as provided by India Today. You may end reading here.
Note: Most of the text written above has been copy pasted from what we published about the 2015 rankings here. Bad habits never change.
India Today Law College Rankings 2016 [Original Link]
1. NLSIU, Bangalore
2. Faculty of Law, Delhi University
3. NALSAR, Hyderabad
4. GNLU, Gandhinagar
5. Symbiosis Law School, Pune
6. Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University
7. Christ College of Law, Bangalore
8. ILS, Pune
9. Bharati Vidyapeeth’s New Law College, Pune
10. USLLS, Delhi
11. Amity Law School, Delhi
12. HNLU, Raipur
13. Faculty of Law, Banarus Hindu University
14. Army Institute of Law, mohali
15. Faculty of Law, Jami Milia Islamia
16. ICFAI Law School, Dehradun
17. KLE, Bangalore
18. GLC, Mumbai
19. Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University
20. MS Ramaiah College of Law, Bangalore
21. University College of Law, Bangalore
22. BILS, Bangalore
23. South Calcutta Law College
24. Siddharth College of Law, Mumbai
25. Dr. Ambedkar College of Law, Mumbai