Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra has recently organised An Online National Essay Writing Competition- IOL INCOGNOSCO 2019. The results of the competition are mentioned below.
1st Prize- Niharika
University Institute of Legal Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh
2nd Prize- Divya Raghuraj Tiwari
Vivekanand Education Society’s College of Law, Mumbai University, Mumbai
3rd Prize- R. Sarani
School of Excellence in Law, Tamilnadu Dr. Ambedkar Law University
About IOL, Kurukshetra
The Institute of Law, Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra, established in 2001 has the unique distinction of being the first Law School in Haryana to offer five-year Integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) to disseminate legal education. It has been ranked 17th Best Law Institute in India by India Today in 2017.
About IOL Incognosco: Breaking the Glass (Ceiling)
In line with the vision of Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra to be globally acknowledged as a distinguished centre of academic excellence, Gender Sensitization Committee of the Institute with its Gender Champions is pleased to provide a platform for the law students across the country (Undergraduates, Postgraduates & Research Scholars) to participate in National Essay Writing Competition IOL Incognosco.
With an obligation to promote the thinking beyond the conventions and appreciating the creative & comprehensive writing, IOL Incognosco attempts to recognise the existence of prevalence of the invisible, yet unbreakable Glass Ceiling that hinders the growth and development of women in “EVERY ASPECT” of life.
Eligibility Criteria and Rules for the Competition
- The competition is open to the students pursuing Undergraduate (B.A.LL.B.) and Postgraduate courses (LL.M.) and Research Scholars in any University/Law College across the country.
- Only original essays that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed to iolincognosco[at]gmail.com.
- Plagiarism of any form shall result in disqualification.
- No identification marks must be found in any part of the essay.
- Registration form can be downloaded from the kuk.ac.in.
- The Essay must be type-written in English, in Times New Roman, 12 font size and 1.5 line spacing.
- Word limit for the Essay is 1500-2000 words.
- The Essay must be submitted in MS-Word format/Pdf format.
- Soft Copy submission of Essay, Registration Form, and Institutional ID on or before 27th February 2019.
- Late Entries shall not be accepted.
- Only one author shall be allowed.
- Certificates of Participation shall be given to the Best 30entries.
- There shall be No Registration Fee.
||Title of the Essay
Guidelines for Submission
- Registration Form can be downloaded from www.kuk.ac.in or from Lawoctopus.
- Soft Copy of the Essay, Scanned Copies of the filled Registration Form, Institutional ID Proof to be submitted electronically to [email protected]
Important Dates for Submission
|Soft copy of Essay, Registration Form, scanned copy of ID Proof
|Declaration of Result
- Cash Prizes and Certificates of Merit shall be awarded to 3 Best Essays.
- Certificates of Participation shall be given to best 30 Authors.
- 1st Prize: ₹ 5000
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 3000
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 2000
- Result shall be displayed on the website kuk.ac.in
- Winners shall be intimated through e-mail and on their mobile numbers.
For any doubts/queries, contact any of the Student Coordinators mentioned below.
- Ms Priyanka Verma (8950722367)
- Ms Sukirti Boora (94674450002)
- Mr. Akshay Yadav (7082068151)
Click here for the official notification and registration form.
Update: The post was first published on 2nd February 2019.