The School of Law, IMS Unison University is organizing National Seminar on Convergence of Health Laws & Practice: Recent Developments
and Contemporary Challenges, to be held on February 25-26, 2022.
About the Organizer
IMS Unison University, formerly Institute of Management Studies, is a private university located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India. It offers academic programs at under-graduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels in different streams of management, mass communication, law, hospitality management and liberal arts.
Call for Papers
The focus of this Seminar is to throw light on the major issues of the right to health and medical care encompassing India. The health of citizens is a priority among governments across the world. To improve health, the governments of diﬀerent countries have enacted and implemented various acts and policies which have made a great impact on the health status of their citizens.
With that intent, IMS Unison University invites legal practitioners, Professors, and scholars to contribute their views on issues and Laws concerning Health and medical, to promote awareness among the communities. The following sub-themes are only illustrative in nature and may include any other theme under the theme of the seminar.
- The right to health in international human rights law.
- Right to health and medical care: Constitutional perspective.
- Role of international institutions in respect of human health.
- Medical negligence and malpractices.
- The fundamental right to health care.
- Artiﬁcial intelligence and discrimination in health care.
- Health justice strategies to combat the pandemic: Eliminating discrimination, poverty, and health disparities during and after COVID-19.
- Reproductive health rights: Surrogacy, abortion, medical termination of pregnancy, artiﬁcial insemination, etc.’
- Challenges and opportunities for mitigating vulnerabilities associated with the health of living beings.
- Various public health policies and programs and their implementation.
- Role of government and other stakeholders in the implementation of Public Health Programs.
- Lessons from the pandemic: Is IP a barrier to public health?”
- Draft COTPA Amendment Bill, 2020.
- Accountability and monitoring of the status of right of health & role of stakeholders.
The above sub-themes are not exhaustive, and the author(s) may select any other relevant issue, giving a comprehensive and indispensable review of developments after independence that eﬀect health laws and practice.
The abstract must be developed on A4-sheet in Word Document Format typed in Times New Roman in 12 font size with 1.5 line spacing is not more than 500 words, it should not contain more than FIVE keywords. The abstract should contain personal details of the author(s) in the order:
Title of the paper, Name, Designation, Institute/University/College/Organization, Contact number, E-mail and address (es), of the author(s). Kindly indicate the name of the main author for correspondence in the case of more than one author.
All abstracts will be peer-reviewed and evaluated on the basis of originality, research rigour, relevance to the seminar, and contribution to the theory and practice.
Submissions are to be made only in electronic form. The same may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org in MS Word format along with a covering letter addressed to Organizing Secretary.
|Title||Must be written in bold, size 14 and centered margin.|
|Margin||Manuscripts must be in single spacing, font size 12 in Times New Roman and all margins:1.5 inches (left) and 1 inch (top, right and bottom).|
|Tables||Tables must be placed as part of the text. DO NOT attach tables at the end of themanuscript.|
|Software||Manuscript must be submitted in Microsoft Word 2007 in the above format ONLY.|
|Sub-Title||Written in bold, size 12 and left margin.|
|Tables/Figures||Title of the tables/figure should be w ritten on the top of the tables/figure. Times New Roman, font 12, Bold and centered margin.|
|Footnoting||Footnoting should be done strictly according to Bluebook 20th Edition, Times New Roman, Size 10, Line-Spacing 1.5|
|Word Limit||Articles should be generally of 4000-4500 words (excluding references and footnotes).|
Rules of Participation
- No abstract or full paper shall be accepted after the last date of submission.
- Registration is mandatory on conﬁrmation of acceptance of abstract, with the proof of payment of required fees in the bank account. Only registered participants will be allowed to take part in National Seminar.
- No refund will be allowed once a participant/paper presenter is registered.
- All the registered participants will be provided participation/paper presentation certiﬁcate.
- The Best Paper of each session will be acknowledged and awarded.
- In the event of the seminar being conducted in the oﬄine mode, the participants will be responsible for the arrangement of their personal accommodation. However, we will extend assistance in this regard.
- Breakfast and lunch to the participants will be provided by the university.
- Only one co-author is allowed.
- In-absentia presentations will not be allowed, at least one author must be present for the presentation.
- Last date for Abstract Submission: January 25, 2022
- Date for conﬁrmation of acceptance of Abstract: January 31, 2022
- Last Date for Registration: February 12, 2022
- Submission of Full Paper: February 15, 2022
The participants are requested to send their abstracts & papers to email@example.com
Online Mode: Academicians/Organization Representatives (Including Co-Author), Research Scholars/Students (Including Co-Author): Rs. 500/-
- Academicians/Organization Representatives (Author): Rs. 1,200/-
- Academicians/Organization Representatives (Co-author): Rs. 700/-
- Research Scholars/ Students (Author): Rs. 700/-
- Research Scholars/ Students (Co-Author): Rs. 500/-
GST Included in registration fees.
Mode of Payment
Payment can be made by NEFT/IMPS/Demand Draft or Bank transfer in favour of:
- Beneﬁciary Name: IMS UNISON UNIVERSITY
- Account Number: 15262191003778
- Bank: Punjab National Bank, Makkawala Branch, Dehradun
- IFSC Code: PUNB0152610
- Mr. Pushkar- 9304165519
- Ms. Shubhangi- 9110062843
- Mr. Neelesh – 7017146007
- Ms. Ipsa- 7983496849