ILS Centre for Arbitration (ILSCA) in association with Peacekeeping and Conflict Resolution Team (PACT) is organizing a two-day mediation competition. This competition will provide the participants with an opportunity to test their core mediation skills and experience model community mediation sessions through rounds of competitive simulations.
This competition will witness 16 teams from across the country pitch their skills to tackle tactfully-drafted competition problems. The tournament aims to highlight the role of the mediator, the disputing party and the counsel in a community mediation session.
The competition shall be based on the theme “Community based Mediation”.
Rules of the Competition:
The rules of the competition can be found on this link.
- General Information of problems for the Preliminary rounds will be announced online on the official website of ILS Law College (click here) and Facebook page (click here) by December 11, 2017.
- General Information for problems of the quarters, semis and finals will be published online by December 24, 2017.
- Please note that Clarifications can be sought only by the teams short listed for the Competition.
For the first edition of the competition, the organizing committee will accept a maximum of 15 teams.
The host team (from ILS Law College, Pune) will compete at INTERCESSIONIS 2018, thus making it 16 teams, in total.
Criteria of Selection of Teams:
- It is the discretion of the organizing committee to decide which teams are eligible to participate in the competition upon review of the experience, skills and interest of the entire team and their respective college in ADR activities. However, the exercise of the discretion shall not be arbitrary and unjustified instead it shall be exercised only upon the review of the information submitted by the team during registration through the Google form.
- The application period for participating teams will be from 3.00 pm on 12th December, 2017 to 11.59 pm on 25th December, 2017.
- The final list of participating teams will be announced on 31st December, 2017 on the College Website, Facebook page, and through email to the selected teams.
The teams can register on the Google form link given here.
The link shall be active from 3 pm on 12th December, 2017.
Upon acceptance of the team by the organizing committee, the team must pay the full registration fees which is ₹4000/- plus 18% GST (Total amount=₹4720) per team within the time limit as indicated by the organizing committee in the Competition Rules.
There will be no refund of the registration fee in any circumstances, unless the competition is called off by the organizing committee for reasons that will be provided during such an event.
Please Note: The fees is not inclusive of the accommodation and the same shall not be provided by the college either.
- Release of the Preliminary Round Problems (General Information): December 11, 2017
- Activation of Google Form for Registration: December 12, 2017
- Release of the Quarterfinals, Semi-finals & Final Round Problems (General Information): By December 24, 2017
- Last Date for Registrations: December 25, 2017
- Release of the Final List of Participating Teams in the Competition: December 31, 2017
- Last Day for seeking Clarifications: January 05, 2018
- Release of Clarifications: January 16, 2018
Awards and Prizes
The Organizing Committee shall acknowledge the participation of all the teams, team members, coaches and assessors at the competition with appropriate tokens of appreciation. Certificates shall be provided to all those who have registered with the Organizing Committee.
The top awards are:
- Winner of the ‘Top Mediator at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Runners-up of the ‘Top Mediator at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Winner of the ‘Top Negotiating Team at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Runners-up of the ‘Top Negotiating Team at INTERCESSIONIS’
- Best Opening Statement (Mediator)
- Best Opening Statement (Client)
- Best Mediation Advocacy Skills (Counsel)
- Best Team Work – Negotiation (Client & Counsel in Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Team Work – Mediation (Co-Mediators in Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Acknowledgement of Emotionally / Culturally Sensitive Moment (Preliminary Rounds)
- Best Interaction with Mediator (Client or Counsel in Preliminary Rounds)
Each participating university shall get a maximum of one special award.
- Mrs. Sathya Narayan
- Ms. Anwita Dinkar
Email for communication: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vibha Joshi, Ph: 9004803907
- Udbhav Gady, Ph: 8106436160