Certificate Course on Intellectual Property Laws
We all love watching Narcos, and when it is freely available on internet to stream online and download, why waste money on subscribing Netflix? Well, we are “INFRINGERS”!
Have you ever wondered the number of Intellectual Property infringements we commit on everyday basis? Time has come to think, and we will make you think!
Objectives of the Course
The course aims to provide the following:
- basic knowledge on the various branches of Intellectual Property Law
- holistic understanding of the legalities of Intellectual Property Rights
- discuss contemporary issues in Intellectual Property Laws
- understanding intricacies involved in drafting filings for Intellectual Property registration
- analyzing steps of development of Intellectual Property
Topics that will be covered
- Basic concept of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Designs, and allied IPRs.
- IPR and free speech
- IPR and Taxation
- Licensing of IPR
- IPR and Contracts
- Media & Broadcasting with special focus on IPR
- Passing off under Trademark Law and its enforcement
- Patent filing and specifications
- IPR enforcement litigation
- Protection of Plant Varieties as IPR
- Position of Geographical Indications at global and national level
- Contemporary issues in IP law
- Changes in Governmental Policies governing IPR
- Interactive lectures will be conducted by eminent academicians, practicing lawyers and IP professionals.
- Recommended reading material will be provided.
- 2 MCQ assessments will be conducted, one after completion of lectures on basics of IP law and other at the end of the course.
Eligibility For Participation
- Students from any discipline
- Dates for Course: 8th January 2018 to 28th January 2018
- Timing of lectures: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Duration of complete course: 30-40 hours
- Number of Seats: 100 seats
- Registration and Mode of Payment: Online only
- Registration Fees: Rs. 5500/- (Inclusive of GST)
- Last Date of Registration: 5th January 2017.
(A) Faculty co-ordinator: Dr. Suvarna Nilakh, Email ID : firstname.lastname@example.org
(B) Student co-ordinators:
- Tishita Mukherjee (9503776026)
- Devika Vasandani (8390727895)
- Pranita Saboo (9404509717)
Requirements: Participants are expected to read the provided reading material for every session before hand and actively participate in the discussions.
Attendance is Mandatory.
Certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.