Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat hereby invites articles/research papers, case studies, and book reviews on the contemporary topics of Intellectual Property Rights for publication in the 4th Issue of the Journal of Intellectual Property Law for its 2018-19 volume.
The Journal of Intellectual Property Law is a peer-reviewed ISSN serial journal published by the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights, Institute of Law, Nirma University, Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It is the endeavor of the Centre for Intellectual Property Rights to become the beacon in the field of Intellectual Property Rights by encouraging the synthesis of knowledge and best practices cutting across academia and research fraternity.
The Journal welcomes submissions from academicians, practitioners, research scholars and students from law and allied fields. JIPL welcomes original and previously unpublished articles, case notes and case comments, and book reviews for publication in its 2018-19 volume.
- Covering Letter: All submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter stating title, author’s full name, University and year of study and the author’s contact details. Only the covering letter should contain the above-mentioned details and not the manuscript.
- Submission must be in MS Word format only.
- Main Text: Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing justified, with a left margin of 1.5 inches and right 1.0 inch, top 1.0 inch and bottom0 inch. The first line of the paragraph is not to be indented.
- Foot Notes- Times New Roman, font size 10, substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Style: The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to.
- Word Limit: The length of the paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, etc., should not exceed 8000 words. Short articles, book reviews, case studies should not exceed 4000 words; however, the Editorial Board reserves the right to make changes to this condition.
- All tables, charts, graphs, figures etc. should be kept to the minimum. They should be given on separate sheets with sources indicated at the bottom.
- Abstract: The type should be accompanied by an abstract in about 200 words along with a declaration that the paper has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere.
- Mode of Submission: Entries are to be sent at [email protected] latest by 15th February 2019 (11:59 pm).
- The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal. Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately. Nirma University Law Journal is not to subject to any liability which may arise in this regard.
- Submission of work to the Journal of Intellectual Property Laws is indicative of the fact that the authors grant exclusive permission to JIPL to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
- The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, out-rightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities etc. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
- A process of peer-review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the authors of selected papers will be notified of the results.