IIPS or International Institute for Population Sciences is inviting applications for the Post Doctoral Fellowship 2021.
About the Organization
International Institute for Population Sciences (IIPS) serves as a regional Institute for Training and Research in Population Studies for the ESCAP region. IIPS holds a unique position among all the regional centers, in that they were the first such center to be started, and serves a much larger population than that served by any of the other regional centers. The Institute is under the administrative control of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. Besides teaching and research activities, the Institute also provides consultancy to the Government and Non-Government organizations and other academic institutions.
No. of GOI Fellowships
- Candidates having a Ph.D. degree in Population Studies or subjects related to Population, Health, Gender, Development, and Social Sciences are eligible to apply.
- Eligible foreign candidates can also apply for admission, provided they secure financial support from any outside agency.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply for the P.D.F.
- Desirable: Publications in peer-reviewed journals/ edited books.
The upper age limit is 40 years as of June 30, 2021.
One year full-time, tenable at the Institute.
- Selection will be based on the research proposal presentation and personal Interview. The Institute shall not bear the travel expense of the candidates called for the presentation and interview.
- All selected candidates shall be paid to-and-fro economy class air-fare expenses at the time of joining and completing the program. All selected candidates are required to be at the Institute as full-time research fellow.
- All eligible candidates are required to apply by 01-07-2021.
Processing Fee: The non-refundable processing fee:
- Rs. 1000/- for the General category
- Rs. 500/- for OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)
- Rs. 500/- for the EWS category
- Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PWD category
The bank draft should be in favor of the Director, IIPS, Mumbai. The processing fee will not be charged from the foreign candidates while submission of application forms.
The hard copy of the CV, copies of academic qualifications and work experience, publication reprints, and research proposal should reach “The In-charge, Academic Section, International Institute for Population Sciences, Govandi Station Road, Deonar, Mumbai-400088” on or before July 01, 2021.
The selected Indian candidates will be awarded Government of India fellowship @Rs. 50,000/- plus HRA per month for one year.
Keep following our ‘Fellowships and Scholarships‘ section for more such opportunities.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.