The Moot Court Committee of IFIM Law School, Bengaluru is hosting its first National Judgement Writing Competition on the 9th of January, 2021, virtually.
About the Competition
The competition carries several highlights which includes the mix of learning and exploring path of drafting a Judgement and a Token of Appreciation in the form of cash prizes for the Winner and Runner-Up. The Event will be judged by a panel expert professionals and academicians of the legal fraternity.
What is Judgement Writing?
The concept of Judgement Writing has been prevalent for quite some time in the legal fraternity. The objective of the participants will be to envisage a given situation from the lens of a Judge, apply the law and render a suitable judgment. A participant is encouraged to think like a Judge and reach a well-reasoned and innovative conclusion.
About the Law School
IFIM Law School, is an institution imparting quality legal education, is a part of the IFIM Institutions, Bengaluru and is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU) and is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI).
Registration Fee: INR 100/- per Participant.
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/ThF2TwXN8q4ZEjqR6
- The Submission, as submitted must be an original work of the Participant and must not have been submitted or published elsewhere.
- Any sort of plagiarism shall and will amount to penalty.
- Word Limit – 2500 Words (exclusive of footnotes)
- The Submission must not disclose the identity of the Participant or any other personal details, E.g. Name of the Institution.
- The Participant shall submit a separate cover letter containing the details of the Participant. Details shall include Name of the Participant, Name of the Institution, Email ID & Phone Number
The name of the file shall be named in the following format:
“Cover Letter – IFIM NJWC”
“Submission – IFIM NJWC”
All the required documents (Cover Letter and Judgement Writing Submission) must be submitted in MS-Word file and should be e-mailed to mcc[at]ifim.edu.in with the subject as – “ IFIM NJWC – Manuscript Submission <Registration Code> ”.
- First Position: INR 10,000/- & Certificate of Excellence
- Second Position: INR 5,000/- & Certificate of Excellence
- Third Position to Fifth Position: Certificate of Merit
- Every Participant shall receive a Certificate of Participation.
You might be interested in the following:
- Transform India: 5th International Article Writing Competition by IJLMH: Register by January 4
- Christ University’s Trial Advocacy and Judgment Writing Competition [NTAC, Jan 29-31]: Register Now!
- Indian Aces’ Essay/Art Competition: Submit by December 31
- Call for Entries: 8th RMLNLU-Regstreet Law Advisors Conference & Essay Competition on Financial Regulatory Laws [Mar 14]: Submit by Jan 17, ’21
- National Article Writing Competition by Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow: Submit by Jan 9