Applications are now open for the IUIF (Ideosync- UNESCO Information Fellowship) 2021, a social change and media rights fellowship.
About the Fellowship
Ideosync- UNESCO Information Fellowship (IUIF) 2021 is South Asia’s First communication for social change and media rights fellowship. This social change fellowship has been designed to take young Indians through an intense leadership journey that sets them on a path to understand Communication and Media from the perspective of human rights and Intersectional Feminism.
Click here to learn more about the IUIF.
Ideosync: Ideosync Media combines works towards integrating innovative communication methodologies into development and social change programs and initiatives. It aims to equip communities and NGO
with an understanding of communication techniques and technologies.
UNESCO: The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization is a specialized agency of the United Nations aimed at promoting world peace and security through international cooperation in education, the sciences, and culture.
The Fellows are mentored to become socially conscious leaders and are equipped with skills that help them amplify the voices and stories of the marginalized thereby catalyzing positive social transformation.
4 months, starting May 2021
The applicant should fulfill the following criteria to be eligible for the IUIF Fellowship 2021.
- An Indian citizen or a Person of Indian Origin (PIO).
- Completed a bachelor’s degree or a diploma in any field of study.
- Is willing to give the fellowship program 4 months full-time commitment.
- Can understand, speak, read and write English.
- Has full-time access to a laptop and smartphone with 4G support.
- Has full-time access to 4G internet or WiFi.
- Is below 30 years of age as of 1st April 2021.
- Sessions by experts in communication and development.
- Skill-building sessions on various aspects of multimedia including photography, videography, audio, editing, graphics designing, writing, story-telling, and social media.
- Sessions on understanding media space from a different perspective with a special focus on intersectional feminism and digital rights.
- An amount of 50,000 INR to a few of the selected fellows based on their project proposals that is to be conceptualized during the fellowship.*
How to Apply
If you meet the given eligibility criteria please click here to visit the website. (Shortlisted candidates will go through a selection process)
For complete, official information about the IUIF 2021, click here.
21st April 2021
More such Fellowships and Scholarships that you might be interested in
- OCSI Scholarship [Oxford and Cambridge Society of India] 2021-22: Apply by May 15
- Fulbright-Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program by USIEF 2022-23 [10-Months Program]: Apply by June 15
- Ahimsa Fellowship [Animal Welfare Advocacy; 10-Month Residential], Delhi: Apply by May 10