Applications are invited for ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Science Research) Post-Doctoral Fellowship for a duration of 2 years.
Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country.
ICSSR provide grants for projects, fellowships, international collaboration, capacity building, survey, publications etc. to promote research in social sciences in India.
Documentation centre of ICSSR – National Social Science Documentation Centre (NASSDOC) – provides library and information support services to researchers in social sciences.
ICSSR has developed ICSSR Data Service to serve as a national data service for promoting a powerful research environment through sharing and reuse of data among the social science community in India.
About ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship
ICSSR (Indian Council of Social Sciences Research) invites applications for Post Doctoral Fellowships for the year 2021-23 from Indian scholars. The research proposal should be in the field of social science discipline or may be interdisciplinary in nature having significant social science content.
The main objective of ICSSR Post-Doctoral Fellowship is to encourage and retain young Indian Social Science scholars who have completed their PhD and wish to pursue a regular career in teaching and research. They should have a high potential and promise for conducting full-time research on specific themes and issues. These studies are expected to contribute to theoretical and conceptual advancement in different disciplines, help to generate fieldwork-based empirical data and contribute towards policymaking.
The broad disciplines of study, within the domain of Social Sciences are:
- Social Work
- Social Anthropology
- Cultural Studies
- Socio-Sanskrit Studies
- Socio-Philosophical Studies
- Social Linguistics
- Gender Studies
- Health Studies
- Political Science
- International Studies
- Public Administration
- Diaspora Studies
- National Security and Strategic Studies
- Social Psychology
- Legal Studies
- Social Geography
- Environmental Studies
- Modern Social History
- Media Studies
- Library Science
- Age Limit: Not more than 45 years of age as on the last date of application.
Age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/Persons with Benchmark Disability candidates
- Qualification: Must possess Ph.D. degree in any of the social science disciplines at the time of application.
- Affiliation: A fellow must affiliate himself/herself to an ICSSR Research Institute/Institutes of national importance, approved by MHRD/government research institutes/public funded Indian university including deemed university/college having approved Ph.D. programme and requisite research infrastructure of his/her choice. Funds are disbursed through the affiliating/administering institution.
- The selected fellow has to work under the guidance of a senior social scientist (not below Associate Professor with sufficient research supervision experience and publications).
- The supervisor should not be superannuated and must be in regular employment at the time of application and should belong to the affiliating institution in the same discipline as that of the applicant.
- In case of inter-disciplinary proposals, the supervisor should have proven expertise in the area of research proposed by the scholar. The selection of the supervisor is subject to the approval of the ICSSR.
- Faculties with regular service in public funded universities/colleges and research institutes getting UGC pay-scales may be considered for pay protection in exceptionally meritorious cases which is to be decided by the Expert Committees of the ICSSR. The Expert Committee of the ICSSR also reserves the right to convert a fellowship proposal into a Project Proposal.
Duration & Amount
- Nature: A full time research work
- Duration: 2 Years
- Value: The value of the fellowship is Rs.31,000 per month
- Contingency Grant: Rs. 25,000/- per annum.
- Under salary protection, a fellow is entitled to salary and allowances admissible as per rules and contingency grant of Rs. 25,000/-p.a. However, special allowances like children education allowance, medical reimbursement, LTC, etc. are not admissible from ICSSR. The parent institution may, however, pay/reimburse the same as per its rule.
- The ICSSR shall also pay the leave salary and pension contribution or contribution towards CPF and gratuity for the period for which he/she holds the ICSSR’s fellowship as per rules of the parent institution.
- Candidates must login to apply online for the ICSSR Post Doctoral Fellowship.
- Interested candidates can apply through the link given at the end of this post.
- The last date for online submission of application is August 26, 2021, 5 PM.
- The Research Proposal Format has been provided in Section-IV in the online application form and the applicant must follow the same format for their research proposals.
- The Research proposal should be either in English or Hindi (Use Devanagari format to fill form in Hindi).
- One applicant can submit only one application under the Post-Doctoral Fellowship scheme. However, he/she can apply separately for another scheme.
For more detailed information on the ICSSR Post Doctoral Fellowship, refer to the official notification by clicking here.