ICRC in collaboration with RGNUL, Patiala is organising the 2014 edition of its Essay Writing Competition “Ensayo”.
International Humanitarian Law in South Asia: Prospects & Challenges.
Ensayo 2014: 6th South Asian Essay Writing Competition on International Humanitarian Law is open to students from the disciplines of Law, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Defense Studies, International Relations, Medical Sciences, Mass Media and Journalism from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Iran, Pakistan and Sri Lanka.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the law school you always wanted, online! Check courses.lawctopus.com
The last date of submission is 30 May, 2014 latest by 23:59 hours Indian Standard Time. Submissions will however be accepted till two days after the last date of submission, with a penalty of 1 mark per day.
1. Each participant shall be permitted to submit only one individual entry.
2. Joint entries shall not be permitted.
3. There is no Registration Fee for the competition.
4. To participate in the competition, participants must submit their essay along with the filled registration form by 30 May, 2014.
5. The Essay should be submitted in MS WORD format only.
1. The essay must contain an abstract not exceeding 200 words mentioning the key issues and setting out the main conclusions reached.
2. No part of the essay, except the cover page, should contain any form of identification of the participant.
3. No hard-copy submission of the essay is to be made.
1. The participants may choose to write on any topic within the ambit of the broader theme of the competition i.e.”International Humanitarian Law in South Asia: Prospects & Challenges”
2. Submission must not exceed 3500 words (exclusive of footnotes).
3. Violation of the word limit will result in a penalty of 1 mark per 50 words exceeded.
4. The essay must include references in the form of footnotes.
5. The Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) should be followed for the citations.
6. All submissions must be original and bona fide work of the participants; plagiarism will result in automatic disqualifications.
7. The contestants by entering in the competition agree to indemnify the organizers from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
8. All entries shall be considered to be the property of the Center for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH) at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab (India) which reserves the right of publication of the same in any book, journal, or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate, without providing any royalty or compensation.
9. The essay should not have been submitted in any other competition and/or for publication whatsoever.
First Prize: Rs.25,000/- (Henry Dunant Prize)
Second Prize: Rs. 15,000/-
Third Prize: Rs.10,000/-
1 April 2014 : Launch of Competition/ Release of Competition Materials
30 May 2014 : Last Date for Submission of Entries
30 June 2014 : Results of Ensayo 2013
Other details relating to the essay and information about past editions can be accessed HERE.