The Team and Expert Assessor Applications are open for the 5th IBA-VIAC Consensual Dispute Resolution Competition Vienna, which will take place from 6th – 10th July 2019 in Vienna.
The Alternative Dispute Resolution of a new Generation is Consensual. Mediation and Negotiation are the processes of choice to allow parties to keep full control and decisive power over their international business disputes. Mediation and Negotiation skills will be core competencies of the next generation of managers and lawyers.
The Consensual Dispute Resolution Competition (CDRC) Vienna is your platform to build skills, experience and brilliance in this field and to exchange, learn and grow with the stars of the world of Consensual Dispute Resolution.
- To be eligible, students must be registered as full-time or part-time students in the academic year of 2018/2019.
- Graduate students are permitted to participate if they have completed their undergraduate studies no longer than 2 years ago and have gained work experience (e.g. practiced law or been in business) of no more than 1 year since their graduation.
- No student can have any practical mediation experience outside a training or university context (clinical experience is permissible).
- Each student can participate only once in any student role.
- Each team must review the Competition Rules for further details and is responsible to make sure its members are eligible to participate.
Applications from teams of negotiators and teams of mediators will be accepted separately.
- Each university may apply one team of negotiators.
- A negotiator team consists of a minimum of two and maximum of four students.
- At least one student of the negotiator team must be a full or part-time law student in order to play the role of the counsel in the competition.
- Negotiator teams have to nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
- Each university may apply one team of mediators.
- A mediator team consists of a minimum of one and a maximum of two students.
- Mediator teams have to nominate a minimum of one and a maximum of two coaches.
- Please note: Universities can apply one or both teams. However, the application and selection process is entirely separate.
Each team must have a separate coach and gets admitted separately. One admission has no influence on the other.
How to apply
Online Applications for Universities are now live here and will run until 31 January 2019. CDRC will select students and teams based on their individual qualifications and skills to compete in the 5th edition of the IBA-VIAC CDRC Vienna.
Practitioners specializing in international commercial mediation or negotiation who would like to volunteer as an Expert Assessor for the competition, are invited to apply online here until 15 March 2019.
Experts are invited to apply early since successful applications will be accepted on a multi-step basis and slots are limited.
For any further questions, please contact office@CDRCVienna.org.
Visit this Facebook group for updates.
Association for the Organization and Promotion of the Vienna Mediation and Negotiation Competition
Stadiongasse 2, 1010 Vienna, Austria,
Click here for official website.