Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills (CADR) of Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) is organizing an International Conference (Virtual) on the Future of Alternative Dispute Resolution: Contemporary Issues and Challenges.
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the five years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance its academic potential. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive in organizing a series of events encompassing a wide spectrum of socio-legal issues.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills (CADR) primarily aims to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanisms in India. The Centre aims to provide a platform for interaction between professionals in the field and the students.
About the International Conference
As Chief Justice N. V. Ramana has said, “Mahabharata actually provides an example of an early attempt at mediation as a conflict resolution tool. Lord Krishna attempted to mediate the dispute between the Pandavas and Kauravas. It may be worthwhile to recall that the failure of mediation led to disastrous consequences.”
The concept of ADR is of great significance at present when disputes are increasing and courts of the biggest republic country are facing a vast backlog of cases. Also, India has a great history in the methods of ADR. Arbitration and mediation are necessary in the present time, especially in India. The entire objective of ADR is to bring speedy justice and to reduce the backlogs of Public Interest Litigation and many Criminal cases so that the Judges are free to apply their minds and devote their time to other important matters having National & Constitutional Significance.
Eligibility for Paper Submission
Academicians, Judicial Officers, Researchers, Professionals, Practitioners, Students of law, commerce and management, and other stakeholders.
Future of Alternative Dispute Resolution: Contemporary Issues and Challenges.
- Role of courts in International Arbitration.
- Selecting an Arbitral Seat: Key Consideration.
- Jurisdiction-specific issues in Arbitration.
- Evidence in International Arbitration Procedure.
- India as an International Commercial Arbitration Hub: The Challenges.
- Is Alternative Dispute Resolution a Privatized Justice?
- Alternative Dispute Resolution and Criminal Justice System.
- India’s instance on International Centre for Settlement of Investment Dispute (ICSID) Convention in relation to Banking.
- Need for Laws governing Mediation in India.
- The emerging importance of Environment Social Governance (ESG) & its impact on International Arbitration.
- Cross Border Partnership and collaboration in International Arbitration.
- The Role Diverse Bar Associations Play in Increasing DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) in ADR.
- Arbitration and Technology: Blockchain Arbitration and Smart Contracts.
Note: Author(s) are at their discretion to choose any other sub-theme for their paper that is related to the theme of the Conference.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- The title of the paper should be followed by Name, Designation, Name of the Organization/University/Institution, Email address and contact details along with an Abstract of not more than 300 words. It is mandatory to mention Email addresses, as all future correspondence will be through it. Name and details of Co-author (Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of 2 authors), if any.
- The paper should be in doc./docx. format.
- The paper must be in a single-column layout with margins justified on both sides.
- The subheading should be in font size 12, bold and Times New Roman, left-aligned.
- The main text should be in font size 12, Normal, Times New Roman, 1.5 spacing and justified.
- The length of a paper should not be less than 3500 words (excluding footnotes).
- All references must be in the form of footnotes with font size 10, Times New Roman, 1.0 spacing and should be according to the Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The submissions should not have more than 15% Similarity Index.
- There is no Registration Fee.
- All the submissions should be made via Google form: GOOGLE FORM LINK (CLICK HERE)
- Any submission violating the above-stated guidelines will be rejected. So, it is advised that the author(s) must stick to the mentioned guidelines.
Note: Papers selected by the Center after the due process will be published in a book with an ISBN no
- Submission of Full Paper: 1st November 2021
- Final Selection of Paper: 10th November 2021
- Conference Date: 27th & 28th November 2021
For any Queries mail us at cadr[at]hpnlu.ac.in
- Mr. Bhanu Pratap (+91-6375500415)
- Mr. Subham Saurabh (+91-7355190904)
- Ms. Saloni Paliwal (+91-6265671886)