About the university
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU, Shimla), was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). The University started functioning from 5th of October, 2016. The institution has attracted excellent set of teachers from all over India. The University is committed to provide inter disciplinary and practical/application based legal education keeping in view the requirements of overall developments of its students.
About the newsletter
The Centre for Environment and Disaster Management newsletter “HPNLU GREEN GAZETTE” endeavors to create a space which fosters independent academic thought, inculcate a culture of research and ignite conversations on matters of environmental jurisprudence and environmental values. With the object of furthering discussion on environmental jurisprudence and values, the CEDM- Newsletter welcomes submissions from students, academicians, law practitioners & every environmental cause enthusiast on rolling basis.
Any work that is related to environmental cause and environmental jurisprudence.
Structure of newsletter
The Green Gazette is a quarterly newsletter which consists five parts
- The Green Report: This section of the newsletter deals with articles which are in general related to environment other than law.
- The Green Clause: This section deals with articles which are exclusively related to environmental law.
- The Green Column: This section deals with short writings which is a combination of both the legal and non-legal aspects of environmental issues.
- The Green Rhyme: This section gives you an opportunity to showcase your poem writing skills related to environmental issues.
- The Green Challenge: This section gives you an opportunity to showcase your painting and photography skills related to environmental issues.
- The entries (short-articles, columns, poems, paintings & photographs) must be the original work of the author(s) and must not have been sent for consideration at any other place for presentation or publication. The work should not be plagiarized.
- Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed for the articles.
- The short-articles/columns/poems must be submitted in an MS-Word document and painting/photographs must be submitted in .jpg/.png form.
- The article must include a brief description of the author.
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgement email on the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board.
- The copyright of the articles shall automatically transfer to CEDM-HPNLU, Shimla editorial board.
- In relation to all the disputes, the decision of the editorial board shall be final and binding.
For more information, click here.
All the selected contributors will be provided with a certificate of publication and appreciation letter by The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla.
How to submit
All the entries must be submitted through mail at email@example.com with the subject as :Submission to The Green Report/The Green Clause/ The Green Column/ The Green Rhyme/ The Green Challenge.
Each entry must be accompanied by a cover letter having the following particulars:
- Author(s)’ name
- Name of the institution
- Type of the submission (refer to the above five mentioned sections )
- Email address
- Contact number
- A declaration of originality
Last date for submissions
July 10, 2020.
Entries received after the above mentioned date will be considered for next issue.
ANIKET SINGH, +91-9458207559 (Student Editor)
SIDDHARTH KUMAR, +91-8871790861 (Student Editor)
For further information and brochure, click here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.