Department of Laws, Himachal Pradesh University is organising a National Moot Court Competition, 2022 from June 9 to 11, 2022 in offline mode.
About the University
Himachal Pradesh University was established by an Act of the Legislative Assembly of Himachal Pradesh in 1970.
Details about the Event
Since its inception, the Department of Laws, Himachal Pradesh University, has been actively engaged in imparting legal education, training and legal research benefiting students desirous of pursuing their career in law.
The Department has a distinction of producing best professionals, statesmen and officers rendering useful service to the nation. Its alumni include Judges of High Courts, Union Cabinet Ministers, State Cabinet Ministers, Senior Bureaucrats, Police Officers, officers of subordinate judiciary, law officers, civil servants and members of the legal profession.
Law graduates from this department are serving all over the country in the lower courts, High Courts and Supreme Court. Therefore, it organises the moot court competition to inculcate mooting skills and impart legal knowledge among the law students.
Students enrolled in a full-time or part-time Bachelors’ law programme at the time of the competition are eligible to compete in the Competition. Each College/Law School or University may enter one team ONLY.
Department of Laws, Himachal Pradesh University, Summer Hill, Shimla, Himachal Pradesh (offline mode)
- Registration through form submitted by email (soft copy) and by post (hard copy).
- Fee details: The registration fees is Rs. 4500/- It must be paid on/before May 28, 2022.
- Winner : INR 15,000/- and 100% fee waiver in one of Lawctopus Law Schools courses for the members of the Winning team (3 coupons). The team has to avail of the offer within 3 months.
- Runner Up : INR 10,000/- and 50% fee waiver in one of our courses for runner up teams. The same should be availed within 3 months.
- Best Speaker : INR 5,000/-
- Best Memorial : INR 5,000/-
- Certificate of Participation shall be given to all the participants.
There shall be a prize trophy, cash prize and certificate for the winner, runners up, best memorial, and best mooter. Other awards and prizes may be declared during the prize distribution of the competition.
- Last date for registration (soft copy): May 28, 2022
- Last date for registration (hard copy): May 28, 2022
- Last date for seeking of clarification: May 23, 2022
- Last date for submission of memorials (soft copy): June 3, 2022
- Last date for submission of memorials (hard copy): June 5, 2022
- Moot Court Competition: June 9 to 11, 2022
- Registration form (soft copy) and Soft copy of memorials must be sent to hpumoot2022[at]gmail.com
- Registration form (hard copy ) and memorials (hard copy) must be sent to, The Chairman, Department of Laws, Himachal Pradesh University Summer Hill, Shimla – 171005.
- Please specify “Moot Court Committee” at the side of the envelope.
- Prof. (Dr.) Shiv Kumar Dogra (Convener): +91 94176 08103
- Prof. (Dr.) Umesh Kumar (Co-Convener): +91 941815 0013
- Dr. Shalini Kashmiria (Co-Convener): +91 79864 41152
- Student Conveners:
- Bineet Singh: +91 86288 29824
- Sidhi Tiwari: +91 99903 48468
- Sarvshresth Dohroo: +91 91156 00314
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner and Lawctopus Law School the knowledge partner for this event.