About the competition:
This Law Debate is being organized with a purpose to spread the maximum legal awareness among the students and the exposure to the current issues in the country.
The Topic for Preliminary and Final Round shall be “Public Interest and Privacy: Striking the balance” and “Should India revert back to the paper ballot in elections” respectively.
Each team shall be compromised of 2 speakers, one for the motion and another against it.
Date: 15th April 2019.
Venue: Faculty of Law, Aligarh Muslim University, Qila Road, Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh 202002.
Rs. 1000 per team.
Each team must register with the Organizing Committee of National Law Debate by sending the completed duly attested Registration Form along with the required payment of Rs. 1000 /- through speed post/mail either in the form of Demand Draft (DD) drawn in favour of ‘Dean, Faculty of Law, AMU, Aligarh’ payable at Aligarh from any nationalised bank or Account Transfer to Name: ‘Dean Faculty of Law, AMU’; A/C no: ‘5247101004404’, IFSC code: ‘CNRB0005247’, MICR Code: ‘202015013’, Bank Name: ‘Canara Bank, AMU, Aligarh’ by 14th April, 2019.
The scanned copy of the fully filled Registration Form along with the Receipt of payment (for account transfer) or the Demand Draft (DD) must be sent to the email ‘AMUNLD[at]rediffmail.com’ by 14th April 2019.
- National Law Debate Trophy for the Winning team and Cash Prize of Rs. 5000/-
- National Law Debate Trophy for Runners- up team and Cash Prize of Rs. 3000/-
- Best Speaker in favour – Rs. 1000/-
- Best Speaker against – Rs. 1000/-
- Merit Certificate to the second Best Speaker and Interjector.
- Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants.
Contact for inquiry:
All the correspondence for any query, information or clarification in respect of debate competition and rules & regulation should be addressed to the following:
Email: [email protected]
Faculty: Prof. Mohammad Tariq, Associate Professor & In-charge, Law Society, Ph: +91-7906553208 (tariqmtariq[at]gmail.com).
- Mr. Faham Ahmed Khan, Secretary, Law Society, Ph: +91-73511 48801 ([email protected]).
- Mr. Sahbaj Akhtar, Ph: +91-7004462968 ([email protected]).
- Mr. Suhail Khan, Ph: +91-9219782517 ([email protected]).
- Mr. Akash Varshney, Joint Secretary, Law Society, Ph: +91-8077515252 ([email protected]).
For the official notification, rules and registration form, click here.
For all the details, click here.
For rules and regulations, click here.