As Regional Legal Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You’re part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently.
You are collaborative – ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
- Draft and manage a variety of commercial agreements including bespoke agreements for novel/pilot products/projects, covering a wide range of activities.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and sales initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice to facilitate launches and innovation.
- Advise management and cross-functional project teams in Asia Pacific and USA regarding potential legal risks. Ensure compliance with applicable laws across all aspects of Google’s operations in India.
- Respond to a range of legal requests from Sales, Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Tax, Finance and other functional groups.
- Work with external Legal Counsel regarding specific matters on expert advice requests.
- BA/BS degree in law, or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualified to practice law in India.
- 4 years of relevant experience in the commercial, intellectual property, media and technology areas.
- Experience working with a law firm and as an in-house Counsel.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams on legal and/or non-legal related projects.
- Familiarity with internet technologies and related policy-regulatory environment.
- Ability to manage numerous covering different projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of matters from the complex matters to the routine standard matters.
- Effective organizational, analytical, negotiation and agreement drafting skills.
For official website and online application link, click here.