About the Seminar
Article 44 of the Constitution of India has been lying in cold storage since 1949. However, the Supreme Court, through its various progressive decisions has initiated welcome developments in what has been a long march towards gender equality and ensuring a Uniform Civil Code.
The Government of India too, has, for the first time asked the Law Commission of India to look into the issues of Uniform Civil Code. In light of this, GNLU endeavours to provide a platform for policy makers, researchers and academicians to discuss and deliberate on issues and aspects pertaining to Uniform Civil Code.
Original, unpublished research papers are invited from academicians, practitioners, researchers, scholars and students on below mentioned themes and related areas to the broad themes:
- Uniform Civil Code and Human rights
- Gender Equality vis-a-vis Personal Laws
- Gender Justice through Uniform Civil Code
- Personal Laws vis-a-vis Uniform Civil Code
- Conflicts of Personal Laws in India
- Constitutional Perspective of Uniform Civil Code
- Uniform Civil Code & Judicial Mandate
- International Covenants and Uniform Civil Code
- Uniform Civil Code: Way Forward
- Jurisprudence on Uniform Civil Code
- Uniform Civil Code in Foreign Jurisdictions
Abstract Submission (by email): 5th November, 2016
Notification of abstract acceptance: 7th November, 2016 (after 1700 hrs)
Submission of Full Paper (By email): 25th November, 2016
Seminar date: 10th December, 2016
Please send any queries at [email protected]
For further details, click HERE.