The GNLU-GUJCOST IPR Research Centre has launched the Essay Competition on Intellectual Property Laws in order to instil and encourage further research and reflections in this field, particularly in the Indian Context. The competition aims to provide a platform to students to express their views on the themes of this competition. The focus for this year’s theme is on Trade Secret Rules and Regulations. In order to assist the participants to structure their essay and to also allow the judges to evaluate the essays; the following questions / statements are listed from which the participants are invited to select one to write their Essay on:
- Are Existing Indian Laws sufficient to provide Trade Secret Protection?
- Trade Secret Laws are not required in India.
- India needs an omnibus Trade Secret Law.
- Current International Trade Secret Law Issues.
- Impact of cultural values on Trade Secret Laws in different jurisdictions.
Topic Registration: 30th November, 2016.
Essay Submission: 3rd January, 2017.
The Soft copy of the essays shall be submitted, with the subject “Essay Submission for Essay Competition 2016” on email@example.com
The Registration is open only for first 25 essays per theme, Post to which no request for registration shall be considered. The Result of the competition shall be declared on 25th February, 2017 via Mail to Participants.
- 1st Prize: Cash Prize of INR 7,000/- & Certificate of Merit
- 2nd Prize: Cash Prize of INR 5,000/- & Certificate of Merit
- 3rd Prize: Cash Prize of INR 3,000/- & Certificate of Merit
Mr. Shrut Brahmbhatt
Research Associate (GNLU-GUJCOST Chair)