UPDATE March 12: Conference dates are postponed.
Gujarat National Law University Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development (GCESD) invites research papers on the following themes:
- Wildlife and Biodiversity
- Wildlife Trade and Crime: Challenges across the Borders
- Dilemma in Development: Rights of Indigenous Communities
- Paving Paradise: India’s Diminishing Wetlands
- Global Environmental Governance
- Deliberative Democracy: Outcomes of Inter-Governmental Climate Deals?
- Trans-boundary Environmental Harm: State Responsibility v. State Sovereignty
- Trade in ‘Pollution’: Carbon Markets
- Urban Planning
- Balancing the Beam: Smart City v. Sustainable City
- Conflict, Cooperation, and Collective Action: Optimizing Land Use
- Gold in the Garbage: Waste Management
- How Green is Clean Energy?
- Energy Paradox: Sustainability of Nuclear Energy
- Legislative and Regulatory Framework
- Trouble in the Tribunal: Justice to the Environment?
- Locating the Liability: Issues and Challenges in the Environmental Regime
- Governing the Greens: India’s Forest Framework
- Resource Management: Environment and Bureaucracy (Natural Resources)
- Environmental Impact Assessment: Purpose, Implications and Lessons
- Climate Change
- 21st Century: A Global Potpourri of Climate Change Threats
- Disappearing Islands: Primitive Migration to Climate Refugees
- Environment and Technology
- Artificial Intelligence for Good: Quantum Leap for Sustainable Development?
- Environmental Engineering: Biotechnology and Bioremediation
- Original research papers are invited on the aforementioned themes.
- Participation is invited from students enrolled bona-fide on a regular basis in an undergraduate/postgraduate courses or its equivalent conducted by any recognized college/ university/ institution in India.
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained.
- Co-authorship by a maximum of 2 students is permitted.
- Full Paper submission stands due on 25th February 2018.
- Top twenty-five papers in total shall be shortlisted for presentation on 7th and 8th April 2018 at the GNLU National Conference on Environment & Sustainable Development. Authors whose entries are shortlisted shall be intimated of their selection for full paper presentation via e-mail by 02nd March 2018.
- Authors of the shortlisted entries will receive certificate of paper presentation. All other participants will be given electronic certificate of participation.
- A Panel of Evaluators shall be constituted to select the Best Paper and the 2nd Best Paper.
- Selected Research Papers shall be published in the form of a book with an ISBN/ISSN number.
- The paper must be authored in English only.
- The paper should be the original work of the author(s). Plagiarized entries and paper(s) published elsewhere or selected/ submitted for publication elsewhere shall be rejected.
- Each paper must include an Abstract. The word limit for abstract is 300 words.
- The word limit for full paper is 3500 – 4500 words, not including footnotes.
- The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- All text should be justified.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 19th edition.
- The entries must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘GCESD 2018 Research Paper’.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name(s) of the author(s).
- The paper may be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ format.
- The participants are required to send the following details in a separate word document attached to the e-mail:
- Theme Chosen
- Title of the Paper
- Name(s) of the Author(s)
- College/ Institute/ University of Author(s)
- Programme Enrolled In & Year of Study of Author(s)
- E-mail address & Contact No. of Author(s)
- The authors of all papers shortlisted for presentation during the Forum shall be awarded Certificates of Paper Presentation.
- The author(s) of the Best Paper of the Conference will be awarded Certificate of Merit, cash prize of Rs. 11,000 and internship with Trilegal.
- The author(s) of the 2nd Best Paper of the Conference will be awarded Certificate of Merit, cash prize of INR 5,000 and internship with Trust Legal.
- Submission of Full Paper: 25th February 2018
- Review and Notification of Paper Selection for Presentation: 02nd March 2018
- Payment of Registration Fee: Latest by 18th March 2018
- Date of Conference: 7th – 8th April 2018
- For GNLU Students – INR 500
- For Students – INR 1000
- Others – INR 1500
* The Registration Fee is exclusive of Accommodation. The registration fee covers Conference Kit, Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks & Refreshments on both conference days.
For any queries, you may leave us an e-mail at email@example.com or contact:
Please read the rules and guidelines before making a query.
Mr. Amit Agrawal
Student Convener, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development
Contact No.: +91 7828276397
Ms. Sharon Matthew
Student Co-Convener, GNLU Centre for Environment & Sustainable Development
Contact No.: +91 9537760839
For further details please refer the Conference Brochure given GCESD-Brochure-min
This post was first published on: February 3, 2018