About the GNLU Centre for Criminal Justice Sciences
Recognizing that a comprehensive appreciation of the technicalities, complexities and patterns of criminal law are indispensable for realizing the goals of the law, the University established the Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Sciences, as a centre of excellence to carry on research in the niche area of Criminal Law.
The centre provides a platform for a holistic research environment and aims to further knowledge and academic discussions about the multifaceted dimensions of criminal science.
About the Competition
To encourage legal research and writing in the area of Criminal Law, essays are invited from the law students (both UG and PG) of the country on the following themes:
- Sentencing policies in India: Change is need of hour.
- Independent police organization in India.
- Miscarriage of justice: Challenges & remedies.
- Social Media and Crime
Submission Guidelines for the Essay
Word limit for the essay is 3500-5000 words.
- The essay must have a title.
- It has to be original, unpublished and should not be plagiarised.
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- Formatting Guidelines: for the body: Times New Roman, size 12, justified, 1.5 line spacing
- For Footnotes: Times New Roman, size 10, justified, 1 line spacing
- Citation style: 20th edition bluebook.
- The essays will be checked through the anti-plagiarism software for screening purpose.
- Submission deadline: 30th July 2021, before 5 PM.
- There is no participation fee.
Submission should be made to: email@example.com with cc to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject of the mail being “Submission of Essay”.
There is no registration requirement prior to the submission. The entries require photo proof from students of their association to their law college/university. The essays will be accepted with a declaration about the originality of work. Apart from the ID Proof and declaration, the Author must mention the following in the body of the mail while submitting the essay:
- Name of the Author
- Name of the University
- Course enrolled in
- Current Year of Study (as of 30th July 2021)
- Title of the essay
- Contact details of the Author
- First prize: 5000 INR with certificate
- Second prize: 2500 INR with certificate.
- Third Prize: 1000 INR with certificate
- Merit Certificate for top 10 essays.
Every participant will get the certificate of participation (Plagiarised submissions shall be disqualified and hence, no certificate).
If the reviewers recommend, the articles will be published in form of a book with a reputed publishing house.
The essays will be evaluated /reviewed by external examiners (from other institute than GNLU) through a process of blind review. The decision of the evaluators shall be final and binding.
Coordinator: Mr. Nihal Deo
E-mail ID: email@example.com
For any query, you may contact us via Email or call/text Nihal on +91-9631222159.