The GIMAC Committee of School of Maritime Law, Policy and Administration, Gujarat Maritime University is holding its annual flagship event, GMU-CIArb (India) International Maritime Arbitration Competition (GIMAC) from April 9-11.
Gujarat Maritime University is a private university located in the transitory campus of GNLU, Attalika Avenue, Knowledge Corridor, Koba, Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India. The University was established in 2017 by the Gujarat Maritime Board Education Trust through The Gujarat Private Universities Act, 2017.
Gujarat Maritime University has been established as a global center of excellence in maritime education, research & development, and professional training.
Gujarat Maritime University is an endeavor by the Gujarat Maritime Board to provide a fillip to this growth by bridging the knowledge gap within the industry. The prime objective of Gujarat Maritime University is to be a global center of excellence in maritime education, research and development, professional training and it aims to enhance and increase the human capital and capacity of the maritime industry both in India and across the globe. The aspiration is to serve the global maritime community by producing educated and well-trained professionals in the maritime domain.
About the Competition
In Academic Session 2020-21, GIMAC Committee of School of Maritime Law, Policy and Administration, Gujarat Maritime University is holding its annual flagship event, GMU-CIArb (India) International Maritime Arbitration Competition (GIMAC) from April 9, 2021, to April 11, 2021.
The event is expected to have participation from about 50 Law Schools and Universities across India & abroad. More details about GIMAC is available here.
GMU-CIArb (India) International Maritime Arbitration Competition is aimed at nurturing and creating opportunities for the development of the skills of Arbitration in Maritime Law.
- Students enrolled and pursuing full-time 5-year or a 3-year UG Law course from India or from a foreign university with law as major.
- Students enrolled and pursuing PG Diploma in Law or a Short-Term Certificate Course in Law – NOT eligible to apply
Registration and Fee Payment
- The registration fee for the competition is INR. 3000 inclusive of GST @18%, which includes accommodation and food for competition days, library, Wi-Fi, and any other facilities provided by the institute to its discretion.
- For registration fee payment details, please refer to the Rules [Link in the Important Links section]: Page 5, Clause 3
- All teams shall send a soft copy of the registration form, travel form along with the receipt generated after the completion of the wire transfer of the registration fees, at gimac[at]gmu.edu.in.
- March 08, 2021, 23:59. (Monday) will be the last date of registration, any form mailed after the said date will not be accepted.
- Registration to GMU-CIArb (India) International Maritime Arbitration Competition, 2021 shall be deemed to be confirmed only on completion of all the formalities as specified under clause 3.3.1 [See, Rules in the Important Links section], any failure, may be treated as a withdrawal from the competition and no claim of what so ever nature shall be entertained thereafter.
The Prize money for the winners of GIMAC 2021 are as follows:
- Winning Team: Rs 1 Lakh
- Runners up: Rs 50,000
- Best Speaker: Rs 20,000
- Best Researcher: Rs 20,000
- Best Memorial: Rs 20,000
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.