GLS organizes Moot Court Competitions to train law students in reasoning, argument, and legal analysis. These competitions teach students to explore both sides of an argument, learn to present their conclusions coherently, and improve their written and oral communication.
GLS is providing this opportunity through the Shri I.M. Nanavati National Moot Court Competition for Law Aspirants from January 7-9, 2021.
About the Moot Court Competition
This competition aims to provide a challenging and yet fun experience of the courtroom to law aspirants to help them develop their analytical, critical reasoning, and advocacy skills without the need to have legal knowledge or any legal training.
An interactive event that will provide an opportunity for participants to learn about the legal system and what it is like to be a lawyer. The participants will be analyzing the factual matrix of the situation provided and arguing on the same.
About the Organiser
GLS University has been established with the objective of providing an ideal and creative learning environment and continuing the tradition of excellence in the education of the sponsoring body of the University, viz., Gujarat Law Society (GLS). Gujarat Law Society, established in the year 1927, is one of the largest and oldest educational institutions in the State of Gujarat.
- 15th November 2021: Last Date of Registration via E-mail or Google Form [Link: https://lawc.to/U5DPi]
- 20th November 2021: Last Date for sending clarifications
- 30th December 2021: Last Date for Submission of Memorials (soft copy) [Email- email@example.com]
- 3rd January 2022: Last Date for Submission of hard copy of the Memorials
- 7th January 2022: Orientation of the Event and Researcher’s Test
- 8th January 2022: Inauguration, Quarterfinal Round and Semifinal Round
- 9th January 2022: Final Round and Valedictory Round
Eligibility and Team Composition
- Eligibility: The Competition shall be open to students who are– Pursuing an integrated 5-year LL.B. program in India or pursuing a 3-year LL.B. program in India. Only 32 teams on a first come first basis shall be allowed to register.
- Provided in furtherance to the above clause, the first 32 teams shall be reckoned on basis of the final registration.
- Team Composition: Each team shall constitute 3 members, two ‘Oralists’/‘Mooter’ and one ‘Researcher’.
- Only the team member(s) designated as Oralist/Mooter shall be allowed to put forth oral submissions.
- Under no condition shall a team consisting of more than 3 members be allowed to participate.
- The participating institutions must have to register by filling the Google form by 15th November 2021 by 11:59 PM (IST).
- In order to confirm participation, teams of every Institution should register themselves with the Registration forms duly signed by the heads of the institution along with the fees of Rs. 2,500/-per team. Any team requiring accommodation will have to pay registration fees of Rs. 5,000/-. Any form received after the last day of registration will not be allowed.
- Any registration form received without the receipt of the payment Shall not be considered for the final registration.
- Any form received after the last day of registration will not be allowed.
- The teams shall be solely responsible for any delay caused due to delay in receipt of the Registration Form. The amount once paid shall not be refunded.
The payment of registration fees will be through NEFT and the details are:
- Bank: HDFC Bank, NR MITHAKHAKISIX ROAD, NAVRANGPURA, AHMEDABAD
- Account Number: 57500000018593
- IFSC Code: HDFC0000006
- MICE: 380240002
TOTAL CASH PRIZE OF RS. 5 LACS and 46 THOUSAND
|Sr. No.||Category of Awards/Certificate||Cash Prize|
|1||Trophy and E-Certificate to the Winning Team||2,25,000|
|2||Trophy and E-Certificate to the First Runners Up Team||1,50,000|
|3||Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Advocate: Petitioner: Respondent||50,00050,000|
|4||Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Memorial:Petitioner:Respondent:||25,00025,000|
|5||Trophy and E-Certificate to Best Researcher||21,000|
In case of any Queries and Clarifications feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org