UPDATE [Feb 4]: Last date for submissions is extended to Feb 20
Human wildlife Conflicts-Espousing the need for Eco –
Governance of Forests and Wild Life
Human–wildlife conflict refers to the interaction between wild animals and people and the consequent negative impact on people or their resources, or wild animals or to their habitat. The reasons for human –wildlife conflict include the growing population of humans and the encroachment of forest and consequent hazards created to wildlife.
The inevitable consequence is the loss of life and resources of humans, and destruction of both wild and domesticated animals.Several competing interests are to be addressed in generating an understanding of issues integral to the topic.
- Are our laws Anthropocentric? -Critical Evaluation of Legal Strategies for Forest and Wild Life Conservation.
- Human Rights v. Animal Rights- Jurisprudential Frontiers
- Wild life Conservation v. Livelihood Preservation
- Human and Wildlife Conflicts- Types and Causes
- Competing Interests in Situations of Conflicts.
- Environmental Justice OR Sustainable development
- Destruction of Wild life and ecological balance
- Dimensions of Human Sufferings in man – animal conflict
- Visible and Invisible Social and Environmental Costs in man-animal Conflicts
- Facilitating environmental equilibrium through information and knowledge symmetry on Wild Life Habitat
- Strategies for Mitigation of the areas of Conflict and Scope for Remedies for Victims – Role of State and Non State Actors
- Eco centric models of Conservation and Conflict free Wild Life Management
- Biodiversity Conservation- Need for Inclusiveness and Participatory Approach.
- An abstract not exceeding 500 words shall be submitted for consideration.
- The abstract shall provide for the scheme of the research paper.
- It must contain the synopsis of the paper, subtitles and conclusion indicating the author’s perspective.
- Research papers should apply research skills and must highlight specific research problem.
- Abstracts will be subjected to review and only those abstracts approved by the
reviewers shall be submitted as full paper for the purpose of presentation at the
- Word limit for full paper shall be 2500-3500. The final paper must contain a cover page with a brief profile of the authors with Email ID, Contact number and address for communication.
- The papers must follow a uniform format of research writing including the foot notes, Times New Roman, Font Size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
- Foot notes should be in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 with single line spacing.
- There is no registration fee for Seminar participation.
- One Co-author is permitted.
- Award will be given to the best paper.
NO REGISTRATION FEE
Last Date for Submission of Abstracts: 20/02/2018
Communication of Approved Abstracts: 24/02/2018
Last Date for Submission of Research Paper: 01/03/2018
All Communications to be made to the email id: email@example.com
Dr. Girisankar S.S: +91-9447434293
Dr.Meenakumary S: +91-9495385445
Click here for official brochure.
This post was first published on: January 24, 2018