Applications are now open for the Gandhi Fellowship Program 2021-23, a 2-year residential fellowship course in tranformation leadership.
About the Opportunity
Gandhi Fellowship Program (2021-23) is a 2-year Residential Fellowship Course in Transformation Leadership that helps talented young people learn all the necessary soft skills to sustain themselves in the 21st century.
Anchored by Piramal School of Leadership (PSL) and Kaivalya Education Foundation (KEF), Gandhi Fellowship intends to inspire self-motivated youth across the country to follow the unconventional path of an experiential, residential fellowship to steer-head, experiment and lead large scale changes in the social sector.
About the Fellowship
Anchored by Piramal School of Leadership (PSL) and Kaivalya Education Foundation (KEF), Gandhi Fellowship works towards providing the self-motivated youth of India a platform to catalyze changes in the public education system of India.
Started in 2008, their motto has been to build a stronger nation with the help of the youth, to transform society through education.
The program is designed to bring out one’s entrepreneurial thinking and leadership skills in order to create lasting changes in society.
This fellowship is especially for those empowering leaders who believe in the ‘Build Self, Build Nation’ ideology. For those who believe in taking on real challenges and solving real problems, Gandhi Fellowship is a brilliant opportunity to bring the change the nation needs.
- Age group: 21-26 years
- Achiever in Academics and Extracurricular activities (Sports, NCC, NSS, voluntary work, performing arts, debate, literature, etc)
- Graduate and Post Graduate from any of the diverse streams: Engineering, Applied and Pure Science, Commerce, Management, Humanities, and Liberal Arts, Social Work, Psychology and Behavioural Science, Mathematics, Journalism and Mass Communication, Education, Law, etc.
- Sensitive towards the pressing problems of the nation
The main processes of the Fellowship Program are as follows:
- Leadership Curriculum
- Monthly Workshops
- Boot Camps
- Kaun Banega The New Millionaire (KBTNM)
- Learning Journey
- Field Support
- Community Immersion
- Classroom Immersion
- Government System Immersion
How does the Fellowship function
Based on the existing skills and competencies of the selected candidates, the organization identifies and customizes the path of the journey of each fellow according to their aspirations.
A fellow gets various facilities along with a stipend.
Stipend and Other Benefits
- A stipend of Rs 14,000 (taxable),
- A fixed monthly phone allowance of Rs 600 (taxable) and
- Rent-free accommodation, transport and other allowances as applicable based on the need to support the fruition of ideas of the fellows post-fellowship.
The basic grant of Rs 14,000 is divided into:
- Basic monthly sustenance of Rs 7000 (pre-tax) and
- Interest-free reserve amount of Rs 1,61,000 cumulated from the remaining Rs 7000. The cumulative reserve amount will be paid at the end of the term and the successful completion of the fellowship after a period of 23 months.
This cumulative grant supports the Gandhi Fellowship graduates to kickstart their choices of a social enterprise individually or collaboratively with other fellows, international learning exposure or specialized higher studies in line with their aspirations.
Gandhi Fellowship operates across 14 states in India:
- Jammu & Kashmir
- Madhya Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Click here for more information about the Gandhi Fellowship.