Applications are now open for The GAME (Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship) Finance Fellowship 2021.
The Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship (GAME) is an alliance of partners that aims to unleash the job creation potential of every entrepreneur in India. It is an alliance of committed partners to learn, advocate & catalyse scale.
GAME – The Global Alliance for Mass Entrepreneurship founded by Ravi Venkatesan, Madan Padaki and Mekin Maheshwari, was officially launched in August 2018, to unlock ME’s potential and as a convening body that brings alignment within the ecosystem and mobilises action to address systemic challenges.
GAME is about enabling the mass-entrepreneurship ecosystem to learn, collaborate, crowd-in funding to help scale
what works. It works with and through partners who are the Alliance; GAME does not implement directly. Before attempting to scale impact, they learn through the collective wisdom and experience of taskforce members, landscape studies of breakthroughs, innovation pilots, evaluations of effective models and more. GAME closely and collaboratively works with the government but doesn’t view government as their primary stakeholder.
Through action-driven coalitions (‘taskforces’) around key themes such as ease of doing ‘small’ business, access to finance, MSME acceleration and more, they hope to develop an ecosystem that encourages and enables entrepreneurship. The alliance has 80+ partners across government, civil society, corporates, and donors who want to create 50 million additional jobs through MSMEs by 2030.
About the Fellowship
The GAME Finance 3-month fellowship will put GAME Finance Fellows in charge of running a project.
- piloting a new product,
- developing policy recommendations for Covid recovery relief for MSMEs, and
- deploying large scale projects with India’s premier MSME financiers.
Responsibilities of the Fellow
- The fellow will work closely with the GAME taskforce and implementation partners to meet milestones, create impact for MSMEs, and catapult the learning of the ecosystem.
- He/She will research, design, work plan, and execute, and at the end of the fellowship, submit a short report, documenting key findings/suggestions for policy makers, FinTech firms, platforms, and banks.
1. NBFC Accelerator:
Build a program for GAME to work with 4-5 NBFCs/FinTech firms in helping them raise low-cost capital; this will include
- primary research with NBFCs/FinTech firms,
- partnership building with accelerators,
- building a program design and value proposition, and
- onboarding participating NBFCs and FinTech firms
2. Insurance for MSMEs:
- Work with two large insurance providers to conceptualize, prototype, and pilot insurance for MSMEs; includes
- partner management,
- concept building,
- day to day management of the pilot, and evaluation
3. Launching supply chain financing in Punjab:
- Work with 3 FinTech firms to launch supply chain financing in Punjab by bringing in large corporate buyers,
- Working with FinTech firms to include a gender lens in their program, and
- Evaluating for impact; build channel partner relationships in Punjab on the ground
The applicant must possess the following background and strengths:
- At least 3 years of work experience
- Interest in any of the following – economic development, MSMEs, or finance/FinTech
- Ability to thrive in unstructured environments and love complex problems
- Strong analytical ability and execution chops
- Excellent communication skills especially through writing
- Enthusiasm for rapid research & decision making frameworks
- Ability to synthesise ideas and insights from various stakeholders and sources and build a strong narrative
- Comfort with excel/R/Strata, PowerPoint, and Word
INR 2.5 Lakhs for the 3 months; 10% increase if extended for another 3 months
How to Apply?
Click on the link given below to applt for the GAME Finance Fellowship. To know more about the fellowship, click here.
Disclaimer: Internship experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the internship.