National Legal Essay Competition is the flagship event organised by Galgotias School Of Law.
It provides a platform to the students enrolled in law schools and colleges all over the country to express their views on topics based on different avenues of the legal field.
NLEC offers an educational exposure through a research based learning approach. It encourages research in the emerging areas of law among the participants.
In view of this approach, the topics provided are broad, interesting and diverse. This shall enable the participants to choose from a wide range of issues and will boost the level of participation as well.
- Attempt to suicide should or should not be punishable.
- Does the National Judicial Appointments Commission Act ensure independence of Indian Judiciary?
- Limited Liability Partnership: Balance between partnership and company.
- Women in Board of Directors: Breaking the Glass or meeting statutory provisions
- Judicial Activism: Destroying the Human Rights jurisprudence?
Rules for Submission:
- The word limit for the essay is 3000 – 6000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The cover page of the submission should contain the following details only: Unique Submission Number , Title of the Essay , Abstract of the Essay (250 words)
- The cover page and/or main body of the essay should not carry any mention of the name, contact details, or the name of the institution. In any other case, it shall lead to immediate disqualification.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of 2 individual authors is permitted.
Rules of the Competition:
- Format of submission should be as per the rules of the competition
- The soft copy of the essay should be submitted in MS Word file (.doc)
- All students are expected to acknowledge the primary source(s) of information
- Multiple entries by an individual shall not be permitted, and shall lead to disqualification.
- Last date of Submission shall be 15th September, 2015
- The result for the competition shall be declared on 30th September, 2015
- 1st Runner-up
- 2nd Runner-up
- Consolation prizes- 5 in number
- A certificate of appreciation will be awarded to all the participants.
Note: Selected essays may be considered for publication in online journal (with ISSN No.) of School of Law, Galgotias University. Prizes have been sponsored by Thomson Reuters.
For further clarifications, contact:
Contact: +91 7838578791
Further details can be found in the brochure for NLEC, 2015 HERE.