Lawctopus Law School presents a free webinar on Legal Research and Writing titled ‘Getting Published in Top Law Journals’.
The themes webinar will cover:
- How can publications be used as an instrument to pursue one’s professional endeavors?
- What is the difference between a Blog, an Article and a Paper?
- How to select a novel topic? What is the relevance of time and contemporary nature of the ‘Research Topic’?
- Structure of a research paper/article/blog, Stages of Research – Critical, Analytical and Descriptive nature of research papers?
- What are the stages of writing a piece for publication?
- How to select a publisher and how to proceed (approach)?
- Is it appropriate/beneficial to start your blog/journal as a student?
- How to use your publication to your advantage in your profession?
Day, date, time: Wednesday, October 7th, 5:00 pm-6:15 pm
Platform: Zoom (with all mandated safeguards in place)
Certificates: No. Please attend it for your knowledge and insights.
Questions: Participants will be on mute and can ask questions via the Q and A box.
Mr. Sameer Gupta is a graduate from National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi. He has held several research positions concerning international law and is also the founder of Space Policy Digest, a platform dedicated to promote discourse on space law.
Pursuant to his academic endeavors, he has been the recipient of undergraduate and postgraduate scholarships. He has also had the experience of publishing with academic platforms of national and international repute on varied subjects of law.
Mr. Bodhisattwa Majumder is a final-year student of Law pursuing B.A. LL.B. (Corporate laws) at Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai. He has published multiple papers both domestically and internationally on topics such as Human Rights, International Law, Law of Contracts, Maritime laws, Company Law, TMT, and Arbitration.
He has also published multiple papers both domestically and internationally on topics such as Human Rights, International Law, Law of Contracts, Maritime laws, Company Law, TMT, and Arbitration. He is currently working as the founder and managing editor for Arbitration & Corporate Law Review (ACLR) and Student Editor (Maritime) at Tathya Walk The Law.
He has also worked as an Associate Editor of Indian Journal of Law and Public Policy. Apart from he regulary strives to provides mentorship to his juniors by means of social media and also his personal blog on issues related to the journey in the lawschool.
Interested in learning the ins and outs of legal research and writing? Our course contains many such masterclasses, reading material, recorded lectures, live sessions, 3 assignments with feedback, a discussion forum, and more!
Check out Lawctopus Law School’s course on Legal Research and Writing here.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.