Piramal Foundation for Education Leadership is opening a job post of Program Leader [Legal] for State Transformation Program in their Bhopal office.
About the organisation
Piramal Foundation for Education Leadership works on public sector reform. Our focus is education wherein we work with various state governments to create sustainable and systemic change in government schools, their administration and access to education.
Nyay is a product we have created and deployed in several states to ensure that the state education departments have effective grievance redressal and litigation management systems, access to high-quality policy advisory services, necessary capacity building and process re-engineering where needed.
Overview of the Role
This is an opportunity to work with State Education Departments to bring systemic change and long-term impact in the Government School system, particularly engaging with the law to do so.
A Program Leader is expected to support a state government’s Education Department in managing litigation within the Department, conduct research and analysis on relevant public policies and constitutional provisions across the country, and provide technical guidance on minimisation of litigation in the department.
The Program Leader will work closely with Government Stakeholders to conduct gap analysis, identify solution needs and design state-wide legal interventions in areas of litigation, research and policy. The role will partner closely with State Education Department and on other functions within the organization to:
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders to assess current state and identify key levers of change/intervention areas.
- Develop transformation approaches, strategies and roadmaps that integrate the various legal and policy interventions into a single, systemic framework; work with Operations teams in each state to contextualise and execute these strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with officials of state Directorate of Education, partners and NGOs in education ecosystem.
- Design and execute Transformation Management and Program Management Office frameworks, practices, tools and templates.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate and Post-Graduate in Law/ Public Policy/Political Science/Social Science from a recognized University/Institute.
- Lawyers with experience in conducting litigation and/or managing litigation in large organisations would be preferred.
- Should have a minimum of 3-4 years of work experience, preferably with a substantial portion in litigation/policy-advisory/research.
- Experience working with Govts, PSUs will be given priority.
Competencies and Skills
- Good understanding of laws, rules and statutes governing constitutional matters, service matters and litigation processes in High Court\Supreme Court.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and knowledge.
- Strong communication skills – interpersonal and writing skills (preparing policy notes & power point presentations etc).
- Passion for service and social impact, especially in the space of public education.
- Readiness to learn, un-learn, and re-learn while adapting a dynamic work environment and needs.
- Comfort with taking up new and complex problems, applying everyday learning and insights, and solving through collaboration.
- Problem solving skills.
- Language proficiency in English and Hindi.
Number of Positions
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
Commensurate with industry standards
Interested candidates can send resumes on firstname.lastname@example.org along with a statement of purpose for not more than 300 words. When submitting the Application please put “NyayPL Application_ Bhopal” in the subject line.
Deadline of application: 25th January 2022
The website link is here: https://www.piramalfoundation.org/education-leadership
Note: This is a sponsored post.
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.