Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology Law Journal -FIMTLJ (ISSN 2321-4333) is now accepting submission for its First Issue (VOLUME 1, ISSUE 1). The journal was earlier known as ‘Vidhi Darpan’. We accept articles and papers on legal, social, cultural, political and international relations academia in the region.
The Journal encourages the contribution of Articles, Essays, Notes and Comments (Case Comments, Book Comments, Legislative Comments, Policy Comments and Scholarship Comments) from the members of judiciary, scholars, academicians, researchers, practitioners, policy makers and students of law and other members of legal fraternity.
All manuscripts should be original and should not be simultaneously considered by any other publication and co‐authorship to a maximum of three authors is permitted except in special cases.
The Journal accepts manuscripts for publication on a rolling basis throughout the year and the last date for submission for the Issue is April 30th 2018. Submissions made thereafter shall be considered for publication in the next issue.
How to submit?
- FIMTLJ only accepts electronic submissions. Submissions have to be submitted only through this link. We shall only accept manuscripts submitted through above form.
- The manuscript should be in .docx format. All manuscripts must also contain an abstract of not more than 300 words. The manuscript should not contain the name of the author or his/ her institutional affiliation or any other identification mark.
- Garamond, 12 pt, 1.5 spacing, 1-inch gap on all four sides.
- For any clarification please write at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the Oxford University Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA).
Manuscripts may be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Manuscripts: Between 5000 and 8000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Manuscripts in this category are expected to engage with the theme and literature comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. It is advisable, though not necessary, to choose a theme that is of contemporary importance. Purely theoretical pieces are also welcome.
- Short Manuscripts: Between 3000 and 5000 words, inclusive of footnotes. Short Manuscripts are far more concise in scope. These Manuscripts usually deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They are more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words, inclusive of footnotes. This is an analysis of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases in which the decision in question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In case of legislative comment, the note must analyze the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have.
- Books reviews should focus on books published in the past three years. Reviews of older books may be accepted if the author can justify why a review would be timely and a good fit for the journal. Book reviews inform readers about current advances in the field and encourage productive discourse. Submissions should be less than 1,500 words in length which describes the book’s arguments and provides a critical analysis of the book’s strengths and weaknesses.
All the contributions should be the original work of the contributors and should not have been submitted for consideration in any other Journal. All the contributions shall be put through plagiarism check software and any plagiarized work will be out rightly rejected. The contributions presented to and accepted for publication and the copyrights therein shall be the intellectual property of the Law Journal.
All contributors, by submitting the Manuscripts towards the Law Journal, agree to indemnify the Fairfield Institute of Management and Technology and FIMTLJ from and against all claims, suits, and damages based on any claim of copyright infringement or plagiarism or unauthorized use.
Last Date of Submission: April 30, 2018
Submission Link: Click here
This post was first published on:
17 Mar 2018
🔔 Never miss an opportunity again. Get the emails you want in your inbox.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.