About the organisation
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry is an association of business organisations in India.
Established in 1927, on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi by GD Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas, it is the largest, oldest and the apex business organisation in India.
About the webinar
FICCI is organising a Webinar on Making a Successful Career in Trademark Prosecution in India on 25th May 2019.
Intellectual Property, in particular – Trademarks, is an area of law that cuts across all industry segments and is a flourishing business opportunity which needs good Trademark lawyers in increasing numbers to meet the industry demand.
In 2017-18, the number of trademark applications filed in India was 2,72,974 alone, and the number is picking up every year. Trademark is a key component of Intellectual Property and is applicable to all industry segments, be it sports, technology, retail, infrastructure, e-commerce etc.
The FICCI webinar will focus on how law students interested in making a career in IP law should work towards it. It will discuss the below-mentioned points, among other aspects:
- What are the career prospects in trademark prosecution for a fresh law graduate?
- Resources and avenues that a student can explore to learn more about trademark prosecution.
- Qualities required to be a successful trademark lawyer.
- What does the workload of a trademark prosecution lawyer involve?
- What kinds of internships and extracurricular activities are preferred for a good career in trademark prosecution?
How to apply?
Click here to apply.
A joining link will be sent to you two days prior to the webinar.
First published on May 13, 2019.