Extra-Cover Blog is inviting law students to be a part of their Student Editorial Board. The applications for the same are open.
Extra-Cover is a blog hosted under the banner of Journal of Sports Law, Policy and Governance, which is patronised by the National Law University and Judicial Academy, Assam.
It is founded with the objective of providing a platform for a discussion on recent developments in the field of Sports Law. The blog aims to spread greater awareness of contemporary issues by reaching out to the readers effectively.
What is there for Student Editors?
Student Editors gain valuable experience in high-level academic writing in law and develop excellent analytical and legal skills. They also get the opportunity to work with the Content Editorial Board members and other law students in the production of an academic publication.
The role is totally voluntary in nature and would not entail remuneration. All outgoing Student Editors are eligible for Certificate of Experience and Recommendation based on their tenure and performance. The Blog would be soon coming out with a Podcast and Newsletter to diversify the work for Student Editors.
- The individual applying must be either a 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th yearB.A.LLB./LLB or LLM or Masters Student (Sports Policy/Sports Science/Sports Management etc.). PhD candidates are also welcome to apply. Students from senior batches with prior Editorial Experience would be given preference.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work in a team.
- It is preferred that applicants have previous experience writing or editing posts on the Internet, such as Articles, Blog Posts, or Op-Eds.
- It is preferred that applicants have some experience of handling websites.
Submission Registration and Application Details
Applications for 2021 close at 11:59 PM on 20th April 2021. Please don’t be a procrastinator for this application process, spare that for your examinations. If Extra-Cover gets suitable applicants for all the positions, the call for applications can be closed before the above mentioned last date. Hence individuals are requested to apply as soon as possible.
Your application should consist of:
- A CV (Not More than Two Pages)
- Cover Letter (about 500 words)
- Write-Up (Blog Style) (about 1000 words) (Detailed research papers are not accepted)
All applications must only be emailed to extracovertheblog[at]gmail.com as per the stipulated deadline. The Subject of the emailed application must contain the wording “Application for Student Editor: 2021 Cycle”. Applications must be accompanied by the above-mentioned documents.
Contact Email: extracovertheblog[at]gmail.com
Contact Number: +91-8638553283 (Only from 8:00 AM-9:00 AM and 7:00 PM to 11:30 PM)
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.