Full name of your college
ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad
The ICFAI Law School, IFHE Donthanapally, Shankarapalli Road, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India – 501203.
Good things about the University based on your personal experience
– 100 acre campus;
– Decent infrastructure;
– Usage of technology to the hilt; and
– Experienced, accessible and liberal faculties.
Bad things about the University based on your personal experience
– Red tapism;
– Elongating simple processes;
– Lethargic attitude towards improvement of placements;– Too theoretical when it comes to reality, which is a problem when it comes to getting internships and jobs; and
– Quality of mess food is unspeakable.
How’s the faculty?
There is a balance of experienced and youth faculties.
Senior students get to learn from the experienced faculty whereas the newer students are exposed to the younger faculty.
Rate the faculty out of 5
How’s the infrastructure? Mention some of the things that exist.
– The classrooms are equipped with ACs and have been set up to accommodate a hybrid mode of learning.
On an average they house between 50-60 students.
– The moot court hall has an average infrastructure inclusive of a bar and a bench.
Although it could be decorated to give it a better look.
– The library for law students has been renovated recently, thanks to CoVID-19, and now it houses a larger variety of books.
– The sports complex is in between the law school.
On the one end is the football ground which also serves as the cricket ground, and the other end houses the tennis and basketball courts along with the swimming pool.
This pool is usually used by hostellers as the day scholars rarely get a chance to spend time after college.
Further, there are badminton and squash courts in the stadium along with table tennis boards.
– The central auditorium has a capacity of about 500 people.
It is used by all the schools i.e. law, business and engineering.
Rate the infrastructure out of 5
How’s your hostel experience?
– Hostel food needs to be improved to a large extent. The quality is not up to the mark.
– Sanitation is maintained at a decent level.
Mopping and brooming is done twice a week in the corridors and on alternate days in the rooms. Toilets need to be cleaner.
– Each room houses two students, however, this may be revised due to CoVID-19 pandemic.
– Hostel rooms have fans and no ACCs but owing to a lot of trees in the surroundings, the temperature does not get too hot.
However, not everyone will be comfortable in such a scenario.
Rate your hostel experience
How are your peers?
There is a decent level of interaction between the students.
However, there is no active presence of mentoring or guidance from the seniors.
This aspect has improved quite a lot in the last year or so and it can be further enhanced in order to benefit the incoming batches.
Rate your peers out of 5
How are the placements in your college?
We have not heard of any top of the class placements in the time that I have spent here.
Yet to hear of law firms hiring by way of placements directly.
The Placement cell has become quite active in this regard some time back and they have been trying their best to get companies to hire from our college.
Rate the placements out of 5
How are the co-curriculars in your college?
The Law school has multiple events round the year which are managed by the respective clubs or committees. The list of such events and competitions includes:
– Moot Court Competition: A National moot court competition is held annually and is organized by the Moot Court Society.
It sees an average participation of 40-45 law colleges from across the country.
– LexKnot: This legal fest has a mediation competition, client counseling competition and a Asian Parliamentary Debate as part of its being.
– Telangana State, India: The ICFAI Conference of Nations is the flagship MUN of ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad.
It sees and average participation of 30 colleges and schools from across the country.
– Vox Populi: This is the debate competition organized by the Debate society in either the Asian or British Parliamentary forms of debate.
It has been held at national and international levels.
– National Literary Fest: This is the newest of events in this list and will be seeing its second edition being organized soon. It is organized by the Literary club.
– Cultural Fest: There is an annual cultural fest organized by the Miraki – the cultural club of ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad, during winters.
It involves two days of events such as drama, theatrics, singing and dancing.
One of the days’ of the fest is declared as an ethnic day and requires all students to be in Indian clothing.
Apart from the above-mentioned, there are various intra-college competitions and activities organized by the clubs and societies.
Rate your college in terms of co-curriculars out of 5
The moot court is also used for guest lectures apart from moot competitions.
This is the main building, and it has been renovated during the absence of students due to CoVID-19.
Another building has also been allotted for usage by law students along with this main building.
This building also has the administrative wing of the Law School.
What are some of the things you’d advise to a 1st year aspirant who enters your college?
Be prepared to put to take up responsibility and put in the extra yards in order to be in a better position at the end of your five years.
The atmosphere is quite competitive and it can be used to bring the best out of oneself.
Get close with the faculty and pick their brains whenever you get a chance as most of them will be willing to help you in whatever way possible.
Disclaimer: Law School Experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The law school experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus' official views on the law school. We also do not edit law school experiences (except to ensure readability) to ensure that the author's voice remains intact.