About the Organizer
Geeta Group of Institutions run by KR Education Society was started in 1992. Geeta Institute of Law is very well located on NH-1, G.T. Road Panipat, just 50 minutes run from Delhi.
The institute was granted affiliation by Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra in 2007 and affiliation has been approved by Bar Council of India. Geeta Institute of law is one of the prestigious Law Institute having honoured as being the best 35th law college in India by India Today Ranking.
About the Competition
The Centre for Research and Innovation, Geeta Institute of Law, Panipat, Delhi NCR is pleased to announce its National Essay writing Competition on “Emerging Challenges in Constitutional Law”
The theme of the competition is “Emerging Challenges in Constitutional Law” and participants are free to choose any of the following topics
- Introduction of Reservation for economically weaker sections.
- Flourishing Right to Life and Personal Liberty: Verdicts on Section 377 & 497 of IPC
- Right to freedom of Religion & Supreme Court’s verdict in Sabarimala Temple case.
- Idea of Secularism in Indian Constitution.
Note: The above list is not exhaustive and other contemporary issues in constitutional law can also be chosen to write.
Law students (i.e. under and postgraduate), research scholars, legal professionals and others interested in social sciences are eligible to participate.
- 1st Rank- Rs.4000/- and a Certificate of Excellence
- 2nd Rank- Rs.2000/- and a Certificate of Excellence
- 3rd Rank –Rs.1000/- and a Certificate of Excellence
- All participants will be provided with the E-Certificate of participation.
- Co-authorship of one is allowed
- Essays should be the original work of the participants and must not exceed 2,000 words (excluding footnotes).
- The language of the essays should be English.
- Any kind of plagiarism will result in immediate disqualification.
- Bluebook 19th edition should be adhered to for the purpose of citations.
- The submission should only in “doc. or docx.” format.
Submission should strictly follow the following rules
- Font: Time New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Line spacing: 1.5,
- Alignment: Justified
- All participants must register themselves by paying a fee of Rs. 200/- only.
- In case of co-authorship, both the participants have to register & pay separately.
- For Registration Link: CLICK HERE
Bank/Branch Name: HDFC Bank, Samalkha, Panipat
Account Holder Name: Geeta Institute of Law
Account Number: 13251450000062
IFSC Code: HDFC0001325
Note: Fees can be paid to above mentioned account by online channels too such as Paytm. A confirmation mail will be sent on approval of registration.
The submission should be sent on this email ID: crigil[at]geeta.edu.in with the subject of “SUBMISSION FOR ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION”.
- Last date of Registration & Fee Payment: 20th September 2019
- Last date of submission of the Essay: 25th September 2019
- Announcement of the result: 30th September 2019
Note: No submission will be accepted after the last date of submission.
Mr. Tarun (9050053160)
Ms. Nidhi (9306594019)
Ms. Khushboo (9729684250)
Ms. Rajeswari (6299750709)