About the organisation
Uttaranchal University a university located at Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India near the Indian Military Academy. The institute was established in 2013. It has a Campus Located on NH-72
Law College Dehradun, as a flagship institution of Uttaranchal University under the aegis of Sushila Devi Centre for Professional Studies and Research, was established in the year 2002.
About the competition
The ILSA Chapter Law College Dehradun is organising the “International Legal Essay Competition, 2019” on ‘International Law Regime’ with special focus on International Humanitarian Law.
Themed on International Law, this Essay Competition envisages to promote and develop the ability of a student to think on a Global Legal Perspective, in form of a Competition of the legal drafting skills.
Certain International Law Topics based on International Humanitarian Law have been most carefully chosen (for purely suggestive purposes, the students may, however, choose their own topics) which possess global relevance as well as encourage the participant’s freedom to analyze and convey their thoughts and probable solutions on the same.
The theme for the Essay Competition shall be ‘International Law Regime’ with a special focus on International Humanitarian Law. The topics must be chosen from/inspired by the aspects of International Humanitarian Law only.
Registration and abstract submission
Registration for the Competition shall be free of cost.
Submission of Abstract shall amount to registration for the Competition. A brief abstract not exceeding 250-300 words, on the topic chosen, must be emailed to the organizers at ilsalcdmcs[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in in PDF format on or before 7 July 2019.
The subject of the email must be “Abstract Submission for ILSA LCD CHAPTER International Legal Essay Competition, 2019”.
The soft copy of the essay must be emailed to administrators (one in MS Word .doc/ .docx format and one in PDF) at ilsalcdmcs[at]uttaranchaluniversity.ac.in latest by 15th August 2019.
The subject of the e-mail must be “Essay Submission FROM UIN*****”, wherein UIN shall be the Five (5) Digit/Character UIN allotted upon Abstract Submission.
- Release of Competition: 8th June 2019
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: 7th July 2019
- Last Date for Essay Submission: 15th August 2019
- Declaration of Results: Last week of September 2019
- The author with the highest score in an essay will be declared as the “Winner” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 25,000/-
- The author with the second highest score in an essay will be declared as the “1st Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 15,000/-
- The author with the third highest score in an essay will be declared as the “2nd Runner-up” and shall be awarded a cash prize of INR 10,000/-
- Consolation Prizes shall also be awarded to five (5) participants, of INR 3000 each.
- TOP TEN ENTRIES shall be awarded a CERTIFICATE OF MERIT.
- Participation Certificate in Essay Competition shall be awarded, via email, to all the participants upon the successful submission of Essay.
Dr. Laxman Singh Rawat, Assistant Professor (Law) & Faculty Advisor, ILSA LCD Chapter
- Anna Anu Priya, Chief Officer, ILSA, LCD Chapter (Mobile number: +91 8294061988)
- Rashi Jha, Event Coordinator (Mobile number: +91 6398604676)
- Gauri Agrawal, Event Coordinator (Mobile number: +91 9045610646)
- Rajat Gaur, Event Coordinator (Mobile number: +91 7533973018)
Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner for this event.