As the country has witnessed major paradigm shifts in various domains of criminal law in the recent times, Amity Law School, Noida has taken the initiative to organize this one of its kind conclave to foster intellectual curiosity among young minds about the ever-evolving nature of the crime and criminal law.
The Conclave provides a unique opportunity to law students all over the country to exhibit and cultivate their interests in criminal law by participating in diverse kinds of competitions like legal quiz, debate, legislative drafting and essay writing, which are being organized as part of this event.
In addition to this, we endeavour to contribute to the positive development of criminal law regime by organizing a ‘Panel Discussion’, where renowned experts, politicians and industrialists would come together to have a conducive discussion over some of the most important contemporary issues related to the functioning of the criminal justice system in India.
“Preventing atrocities against marginalized sections of the Indian society: What is the right way forward?”
- This Competition is open to High School students as well as students (Undergraduate/Post-Graduate) from all colleges in India duly recognized by UGC.
- Multiple entries from one participant are not permitted.
- Co-Authorship of up to two authors is permitted.
- The language for the competition will be strictly English.
- The font used must be Times New Roman, size 12, double line spacing, One-inch margin on each side typed on A4 sized paper.
- The length of the essay should be between 1500-3000 words (excluding footnotes)..
- The Essay would be preceded by an abstract which shall not contain more than 250 words.
- Font Type and Size of footnotes must be Times New Roman, 10.
- For citation, ILI mode of citation must be followed..
Submission Guidelines and General Rules
- All Teams must send electronic copies of their legislative draft in “.docx” (Microsoft Word) and “.pdf” formats and such files shall be compatible with latest versions of Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Files shall be mailed to [email protected] No hard copy of the submission is required.
- The cover page of the submission will be separately attached, comprising of the title of the essay, name of the Author, name of the institution, address, email ID and contact number. In case of co-authorship, the cover page must include details of both the co-authors.
- The copyrights subsisting in the essay submissions shall vest in Amity Law School, Noida.
- All submissions will undergo strict online plagiarism checks. Any submission found to be plagiarized will be disqualified.
- Any violation of rules shall result in direct disqualification.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Organizing Committee will be final.
- First Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 5,000/- and Certificates.
- Second Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 3,000/- and Certificates.
- Third Prize – Cash Prize of Rs. 2,000/- and Certificates.
- The 4th and 5th position-holders would be given ‘Certificate of Merit’.
- All participants will be given ‘Certificate of Participation’
|Last Date of Registration
|Last Date of Submission
|Announcement of Results
||1st week of September 2018
Registration fees is Rs. 400 per submission.
For Online Registration and payment, click here.
In case participant(s) wish to register offline, the registration fees, along with accommodation charges i.e. Rs. 400 per person (if applicable), must be sent via demand draft in favour of “Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, payable at Noida”. A soft copy of demand draft, as well as Name of the Institution, Course and Contact Number(s), is to be sent through e-mail at [email protected] to us latest by 1st September 2018.
Further, the original demand draft has to sent to (by post or courier) to Dr. Aditya Tomer, Addl. Director Amity Law School, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida, Uttar Pradesh-201303 latest by 21st August 2018.
Note: Participants are requested to take a screenshot of Transaction ID after payment of participation fees (if rendered online) and mail it to [email protected] or send it via Whatsapp at +91 8527276207, to complete their registration.
For any further enquiries and clarifications, contact:
- Divya Sharma +91 7087695167
- Isha Tiwari +91 9999238482
- Pritika Juneja +91 9871354113
E-mail: [email protected]
For more details (including Concept Note, Submission Guidelines, and General Rules, click here.