About the organisation
Google LLC is an American multinational technology company that specializes in Internet-related services and products, which include online advertising technologies, search engine, cloud computing, software, and hardware. It is considered one of the Big Four technology companies, alongside Amazon, Apple and Facebook.
Job Title: Employment Counsel
As Employment Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance.
As Employment Counsel, APAC, you will be responsible for providing legal advice and support to HR, Compensation, Benefits and Staffing teams based in the region and globally in relation to a broad range of employee and contingent workforce-related issues.
You can work independently but simultaneously be team-focused, keeping the practice group updated on new issues and high-risk situations. You are able to prioritize the demands of multiple internal clients, both regionally and globally, and be flexible in adapting to their needs. Focused, thorough and proactive, you are a strategic thinker who balances practical advice with legal risks.
Gurugram, Haryana and Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Bachelor’s degree in Law or equivalent practical experience.
- Qualified solicitor and experience in private practice or in-house team within India.
- Experience working as a Regional Employment Lawyer in India.
- Experience in managing legal compliance projects.
- Experience working on HR issues/projects across multiple countries.
- Knowledge of relevant employment laws in Indian and APAC region.
- Ability to identify issues and manage advice work and projects autonomously and proactively, engaging relevant stakeholders as needed.