About Empathy Connects
Empathy Connects is an initiative of Tathaastu Social Initiatives and mentored by social leaders, entrepreneurs, and professors from TISS, IIMs, and IITs. It was founded by the TISS Alumni.
They identify and partner with organizations and social enterprises with sustainable impact at the grassroots. Our mission is to create informed citizens with an experience of grassroots realities. Motivated individuals are connected with these movements through travel, internship, and cultural immersion programs.
The social enterprise focuses on making these travel programs and ground learning workshops an integral part of the curriculum of education institutes.
About the Program
This 8-week long program is to engage with the topics by:
- Watching films shared by the team that give an insight into the issues at hand.
- Writing the observations, questions and evocations in a reflective journal.
- Followed by an online dialogue every week where all of will gather to share their reflections and listen to each other’s reflections based on a rigorous, thought-provoking process laid out by the Facilitator on a zoom call.
Who Should Apply
Those who are interested in the following:
- Objectively identifying social and environmental problems around.
- Understanding the problem in-depth along with substantial self-reflection.
- Investigating the current reasons for ecological imbalance because of a dilapidated and an unfavorable system.
- Exploring the existing and aspirational alternatives to the current lifestyle, the one that is not ecologically sustainable.
- Stable internet connection
- Commitment 6-7 hours a week for watching films and participating in the online discussion with reflections.
- Curiosity and an open mind to explore perspectives beyond one’s current understanding.
Time and Date of the Program
Date: 17th October to 5th December 2020 (8 weeks)
Time: 6 PM to 9 PM; Every Saturday
Click here to apply for the Program.
The contribution per participant is ₹2500/- for the whole program. Limited scholarships are available on a case-to-case basis.
Not more than 20 participants in a batch.
Email ID: jeewika.bhat[at]gmail.com
Contact Number: +919990922350
Disclaimer: We try to ensure that the information we post on Lawctopus is accurate. However, despite our best efforts, some of the content may contain errors. You can trust us, but please conduct your own checks too.