The Election Commission of India is looking for engagement of Law Graduates or Post
graduates as Legal Researchers for a term engagement of one year.
The job of the Legal Researchers would be to examine issues on electoral law related matters, formulate proposals, research on international practices on specific areas of electoral practices and to prepare legal notes on election related subjects that may be assigned to them.
They will also assist the Secretariat of the Commission in handling litigation in Courts and matters involving legal issues in the Commission.
- Should have possessed Graduate degree, preferably Post Graduate in Law from
University of Delhi or National Law University, Delhi or any other reputed institution
- Minimum 60% or its equivalent CGPA.
- The candidate should not have any backlogs or detention in any semester.
- Should have good communication and writing skills in English.
- Specification in Electoral Laws, Constitutional law or similar subject
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in handling Legal matters in Supreme Court or any High Court or worked as Researcher in any reputed central or state government organization/department
- Minimum one publication, preferably international
The candidate should have adequate knowledge of online database, MS word and MS Excel.
The selected Legal Researchers will be paid a monthly remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per
month. Statutory deductions of taxes at source shall apply. No TA/DA and any other allowance of any kind shall be admissible.
- The Selection Process would constitute a written test followed by an interview of
- Only those candidates would be called for the written test who fulfill the eligibility
criteria. Commission may shortlist the candidates if the number of applications is too high.
- Commission reserves the right to cancel the engagement process at any time without
any notice or assigning any reason.
Persons who fulfill the eligibility criteria may apply by sending the form given in the official notification below along with self attested copies of supporting documents to [email protected] by 07.05.2018.
Standhope Yuhlung, Principal Secretary
Email: [email protected]
For official notification, click here.
This post was first published on:
25 Apr 2018