Dr. Manoj Kumar, Assistant Professor (Law), RMLNLU, Lucknow is calling for chapters for his edited book on Health Laws and Policies in India [2nd edition, 2022].
- Constitutional Aspects (Part III, IV of the Constitution of India, Role of Union and State Legislature and relevant Judgements of the Supreme Court and High Courts);
- Human Rights Aspects (Focus on Health as Human Right issue with discussion on UDHR, ICESCR, WHO, Convention on Child Rights, CEDAW, Rights of Disabled, and Passive Euthanasia Judgment amongst others);
- Health Policies (like AAYUSHMAN, AYUSH, Drug Control and Pricing Medical Council of India, Import/Export Regulation of medicines and implants. NRHM, Policies like Mohalla Clinic, Family Planning and Welfare, Vaccination among others);
- Intellectual Property Rights and Health, Issues of Access and Pricing of medicines, Generic Medicines;
- Traditional Knowledge and Healing;
- Medical Negligence and Consumer Protection Laws, Issues of Spurious Medicines;
- Health Law and Policies for Disabled, Mental Health, Infants and Old Age persons;
- Insurance Law and Health;
- Health, Environment and Pollution, Issues like Mobile Tower and Fire Crackers;
- PCPNDT and MTP Act;
- Patients Right to consent and privacy;
- Human Transplantation of Organ’s Act;
- Reproductive Rights;
- Clinical Trials;
- Occupational Hazard and Health;
- Data Exclusivity and Health;
- Drugs and Cosmetics Act: Critical Analysis;
- Food Safety and Right to Health, GM Crops;
- Johnson’s & Johnson’s Case Study in the prism of right to health
- Mediation in Medical Sector;
- Rights of HIV/AIDS Patient;
- COVID-19 Pandemic:- Causes, Patterns, Issues, Challenges and Impact.
Note: The abovementioned list of themes is illustrative and not exhaustive. The authors are welcome to submit their papers on any topic which is related to the core theme.
- Academicians, Researchers and practitioners are invited to submit an abstract of 300-350 words clearly explaining the topic and objectives of the proposed research paper on or before 15th February, 2022 to email: [email protected]
- Receipt of submission will be intimated to the authors within two weeks of submission.
- Submissions must be made in .doc/.docx formats only.
- Authors will be notified by March 01, 2022 about the status of their abstract.
- Full papers are expected to be submitted by on or before May 31, 2022.
- All manuscripts will be accepted based on a double-blind peer review editorial process.
- There shall be a rigorous review process comprising of 2 stages. The editorial board will ensure a greater standard of review and identification of quality academic writing.
- The authors shall be intimated about the status of their manuscript at every stage.
- The decision of Editors shall be final and binding with regard to the manuscript. They reserve the sole rights to the publication of the selected articles in addition to; inter alia, any edits/amends/reproduction.
This book is scheduled to be published by a Reputed International/National Publisher with an ISBN number.
Important Note: There are no submission or acceptance fees for manuscripts. This publication is anticipated to be released in September 2022.
- February 15, 2022: Abstract Submission Deadline
- March 01, 2022: Notification of Acceptance of Abstract
- May 31, 2022: Full Paper Submission
- June 15, 2022: Review Results Returned
- July 15, 2022: Final Chapter Submission
- July 31, 2022: Final Acceptance Notification
Contributors please carefully note and follow the guidelines below as you write. Any manuscript not meeting these guidelines will be returned to the author(s) for correction, which may cause significant delays in the publication process.
- Word Count for the book chapter- 4000 to 8000 (excluding footnotes)
- Only ORIGINAL submissions will be accepted for publication. Manuscripts may not have been previously published or be submitted for publication elsewhere.
- Manuscripts should be submitted in Times New Roman, with font size 12, line spacing 1.5’; justified, with sufficient margins of 1.5’ to the left and 1.0’ on all sides. Manuscripts can be in the form of articles. ‘Article’ refers to a comprehensive and thorough analysis of issues related to the theme.
- Co-authorship is permitted but there can be maximum two authors.
- Footnotes should be numbered sequentially in Indian Law Institute, New Delhi Mode of Citation (available on ILI website) or Harvard Bluebook 19th Edition style.
- The Papers shall go through strict plagiarism check and the plagiarism shall not be more than the permitted limit by the University Grant Commission Rules. The author shall be solely responsible for plagiarism if it is detected before or after publication of book chapter.
All communications should be made to the following address:
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Dr. Manoj Kumar – +91 9891601151
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any 'Call for Papers/Blogs' by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com