About the University
The ICFAI University, Jharkhand is a part of ICFAI Group, known for its quality of education and ethics. It is the first Private University that was set up in Jharkhand, as per the State Legislative Act and is recognized by UGC, as per Section 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956.
The e-Conference will give a platform to the scholars, Professionals, Practitioners and the students to observe the efficiency of the existing statutory provisions while discovering the new dimensions to copyright.
About the Conference:
Copyright is a negative right, mostly given to protect the fruit of the intellect of the author. It’s a part of Intellectual property Rights that protects the original work of the author. The protection of such rights in India was codified under the Copyright Act, 1957.
Copyright is granted for 60 years or for the lifetime of the author in the Copyright Act, 1957, aiming to give protection to the ‘literary and artistic’ work which are original in nature. Copyright largely covers the protection of ‘Art’ which again is a debatable area.
This e-Conference aims to discover the contours of copyright laws. But as we proceed towards digitalization we cannot completely ignore the effect of globalization. The thin line between inspiration and infringement is also the focus of this e-Conference.
- Basic tenets of Copyright in conflict with the conceptual art
- Copyright and online content regulation- Efficacy of the statute
- Fair Use & Emergency Remote Teaching & Research
- International regime for digital right management: The Technical Measures
- Copyright Law in Digital Environment – National and International Dimensions
E-Certificate of Participation: All the registered participants attending the E-Conference
No Registration Fee
To register for the e-Conference, click on the link at the end of this post.
Please Note: The e-Conference will be held through video conferencing. The link will be shared only with Registered Participants.
Last Day of Registration- 15th October, 2020
- Ms. Akriti Gupta
Mobile Number: +91-7044367194
- Mr. Amarjeet Ranjan
Mobile Number: +91-8941827247
More posts that you might be interested in
- Online Dialogue on Data Privacy and Tech Art [Oct 23]: Register Now!
- CfP: International Conference on Restorative Justice by HPNLU & ICA, Chandigarh [Oct 22]: Register by Oct 15