About SOLT and the Competition:
The Society for Law and Technology seeks to provide a platform for intensive research and debate over legal issues linked to the emergence of new technologies and thereby aims to stimulate awareness by promoting participation and deliberation of such issues.
Society for Law and Technology (SOLT) at DSNLU is proud to present its 1st National Essay writing competition on “Regulation of E-commerce Need of the Hour.”
Topic: Regulation of E-commerce – Need of the Hour
Themes of the Essay Competition:
- Draft National Policy on e-commerce
- FDI in e-commerce
- Consumer Protection in e-commerce
- Regulation of digital products in e-commerce
- Cross border data flow regulations in e-commerce
- Online advertisements and e-commerce
- Taxation reforms and e-commerce
- Legal aspects pertaining to localization of e-commerce data
- Intermediary liability protections and e-commerce
- Customs and Import aspects relating to e-commerce
- IPR protection in e-commerce environment
Abovementioned subthemes are only illustrative and not exhaustive.
Contributors can choose any other subtheme that falls within the ambit of this competition.
Who Can Apply?
Competition is open for college and university students, undergraduates, postgraduates & research scholars of all courses/streams.
- All submissions shall be mailed to solt[at]dsnlu.ac.in.
- A candidate is eligible to submit only one entry.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- Multiple entries from the same college are not permitted.
- Participants are however requested to fill this google form for the purpose of registration
The completed Essay along with Abstract, Covering Letter and Declaration Form shall be submitted by the candidate in the form of a soft copy (MS Word Format) to solt[at]dsnlu.ac.in with the subject of the email as: “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition” on or before 20th of April 2019 [11:59 pm].
The subject of the email while submitting abstract should be “Abstract Submission for National Essay Writing Competition” and for the final essay, it should be “Entry for National Essay Writing Competition”.
A cover letter shall be made as a separate document in MS Word format and separately attached as a file in the e-mail along with the completed essay which shall consist of details mentioned below:
- Full name and address of the Candidate.
- Name and full address of the Law school/ university.
- The theme selected for the essay.
- E-mail of the candidate.
The word limit of the abstract is 250 words, and the completed essay must be in the range of 2500-3000 words inclusive of footnotes (explanatory footnotes are not permitted)
- All submissions must follow the Bluebook system of citation.
- Submissions must be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing 1.5
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman with font size 10 and line spacing 1.
- Submissions may be made in .doc/.docx/.odt formats only.
- Only original essays on the given topics that have not been published or have not been accepted for publication should be mailed.
- Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
Candidates shall send a signed copy (scanned) of the declaration form (provided) along with the essay and cover letter.
Registration Fees: 200 INR
The method of payment of the fee would be using bank transfer, the bank details would be given to the participants along with their registration form.
Any entry not adhering to registration rules shall not be entertained.
Last Date Of Registration: 5th April’ 2019
Last Date Of Submission: 20th April’ 2019
- First Prize: Rs. 5,000/-
- Second Prize: Rs. 3,000/-
- Third Prize: Rs. 1,000/-
Certificate of Participation shall be awarded to all participants.
Judgment will be based on the following parameters:
- Quality of language
*The decisions of the judges will be final and binding.
All communication may kindly be directed to solt[at]dsnlu.ac.in, or alternatively to:
Abhinav Mishra (Convener) – +91-6305637636
Siva Rama Raju (Co-convener) – +91-8500118765
Shaik Khaja Basha: +91 9542987319